Taobao Haul #14: Final Haul of 2019 - Roji Roji, Vanyar, RibsDoll, Your Highness, Morning Glory, Equinox, Milky Way, Aweilu, Kuma-P, and MORE!

Happy early New Year, everyone. For my final Taobao haul of 2019, I decided to do it REAL big. Let's just get into this haul cause if not, we'll be here till 2020, XP

Roji Roji

Stock photo, I do not own!

Lately, I've been feeling the blues with tights because I finally got around to trying on my Reina tights from Taobao Haul #11, and neither pair are plus-sized friendly. Since I bought two pairs, and neither worked, I decided to check out another shop that looked promising -- Roji Roji.

My tights!

Most tights on the site are offered in two different sizes, which is a great sign. I went ahead and bought these star tights in the biggest size, and they fit, yay! My only complaint is that the star print doesn't go that far up the leg, but they're comfy.

Roji Roji just earned a spot in my Bookmarks! I give the shop a 6 out of 8 for the price (tights were about $5 USD a pair), sizing, and the cute print. Take a look at Roji Roji's shop here.

Vanyar


Stock photo, I do not own!

I got a wig from Vanyar in my last Taobao haul, and though the color wasn't what I expected, I really liked it! Vanyar wigs are lovely, but I don't feel like they're very big head/big hair-friendly. I ordered 4 wigs in this batch, and of the 4, there's only one that didn't suit me colorwise. Not too shabby.

Ultra curly wig.

I feel like Vanyar does natural colors better than unnatural shades. You'll see what I mean in a bit.

Ringlet wig stock photo, I do not own!

I ordered this wig in two shades. I'm on the fence about the white-blonde one, but the natural brown looks great!

Brown ringlet wig.

Blonde-silver ringlet.
The last wig was a risk that I was willing to take, but shouldn't have, -_- 

The stock photo looks much softer, but as I've mentioned before Vanyar's stock photos aren't the most accurate. The wig is an interesting blue-hued silver mix, but it doesn't translate to those shades in real life.

Stock photo, I do not own!
In all actuality, it looks kind of... purple and silver? I don't know how to describe it accurately. It wasn't what I was expecting, for sure.

Blue-silver wig.
Since I've already reviewed Vanyar, I don't have much else to add, except the shop link.

RibsDoll

Star bag stock photo, I do not own!

BUY. THIS. BAG.

That's it; that's the entire review. Buy this bag right this second, in every color, in every size -- JUST BUY THE BAG, LINDA.

I cannot sing Ribsdoll's praises enough for the masterpiece that is this massive, shiny, sparkly star bag. Did I mention you need to buy this bag immediately? 

My star bag!

Photos don't really do its metallic gloriousness justice, nor do videos. It's huge too, with lots of room for everything. It's made of a soft material, but it feels pretty sturdy.

Just buy the bag, y'all. I cannot stress this enough, haha. I give Ribsdoll a 10 out of 8, and a spot in my Bookmarks! Ribsdoll sells some unique bags and shoes so they're definitely worth a look. Visit the storefront here

Your Highness

Overdress stock photo, I do not own!
I ordered some cute crop blouses from Your Highness in my last Taobao order, and was pleased with the quality, so I was willing to take the risk on an overdress from them. However, in that same Taobao order, I had a bad experience with a black overdress from Red Maria (and I stupidly ordered two -- more on that later), which made me a little cautious about this one.

Well, all my fears have been laid to rest. This overdress is gorgeous, it fits comfortably, doesn't have weird armholes like the Red Maria one, and on top of all of that, it's absolutely stunning. I can't wait to wear it!

The overdress!

Star buttons up close.

Your Highness has officially knocked it out of the park with me! I can't wait to see what they'll release in the future. See if they have anything that catches your eye with this link.

Morning Glory

Backpack stock photo, I do not own!

I've admired Morning Glory for a while, but I finally go around to buying something from them! Morning Glory is known for its fantastic Lolita bags, and this backpack is no exception. I got the backpack in sax.

Backpack with spare bows.

Front of the backpack.

Back of the backpack + pass case.

The sax is a lovely shade of blue, and the backpack straps are comfortable on my shoulders. I love that they provided bow attachments, including replacement bows, should something happen to the ones I was using. I like the added pass case attachment and I already have plans to use it on trips!

Inside, the backpack is roomy and spacious. It's a great bag, and I'm 100% happy with it. Given Morning-G's reputation, I'm not surprised, but I'm definitely impressed. I give Morning Glory an 8 out of 8! Here's the shop link!

Equinox

Stock photo, I do not own!

After so many home-runs, I knew that I would have a few misses in this haul. The first of our "misses" is this JSK from Equinox. I'm realllllly sad about this one because I seem to have such bad luck with sax and pink items, :/

The JSK is listed as having a 122 cm bust max and -- well, long story, very short, it absolutely doesn't. Not at all, by any stretch of the fabric or imagination. It's so pretty though, and if the cut was more workable, I would possibly consider altering this to fit. However, given that I've bought waaayyy more than I intended this year, I'mma just take this L and sell it to someone that will wear it, -_- 

Front of the JSK.

Back of the JSK.

There are other fit issues that make me think part of the issue is way the JSK is made. If the shoulder straps were a touch longer, it might fit better. The back shirring is generous, but it doesn't matter because the front panel of the dress barely reaches the underarms.

There's not enough fabric at the top half of the dress to accommodate for the measurements it claims. It's fine from the waist down, but everything above that is misleading. I absolutely don't recommend this shop for plus-sized Lolitas, despite the more inclusive size charts on the page. 

I give Equinox a 3 out of 8. I wouldn't order from them again, and because of that I won't include a link to their shop either.

Milky Way

Stock photo, I do not own!

Milky Way made a boba ita bag, and since I bought a Lemon JSK (have you seen it? Click here!), I had to have a cute matching bag! I went with the black boba bag and a lemon wallet insert to wear with my JSK. I think this bag would look cute with Star Night Theater too.

Black boba bag with a wallet insert.
The bag sells out fast, so make sure to bookmark Milky Way's shop with this link!

Aweilu

Star shoes, stock photo.
This is another item that I'll shout about from the rooftops. Buy these shoes!!

They're such a good shade of gold, and they're shiny, radiant, metallic, and the hardware attachments are delicate and lovely. My sole complaint is that none of the hardware is removable, but that's ok. 

Gold star shoes.
Though these shoes aren't an exact, spot-on shade match for my star bag, they're so close that it doesn't even matter. I bought these in a Size 39 and they were a perfect fit. They're comfortable for heels, and the straps weren't painful, nor did they rub into the tops of my fit. I'd buy more shoes from Aweilu, even though their selection is a tad limited.

I award this shop a 7 out of 8, for their limited selection and slightly less inclusive size range. These shoes specifically go up to Size 41, which is still good, but I've seen shops that go up to Size 47 and higher. It wouldn't hurt for them to offer more sizes.

Grab a pair of pretty shoes from Aweilu's storefront

Jun Meng

Star and moon earrings stock photo, I do not own!

These earrings are beautifully complex, and I adore them. I'm scared they'll break on me though, so I probably won't wear these as often as I'd like. Regardless, they're gorgeous in photos and in person.

Earrings.
Jun Meng has a great selection of one-of-a-kind accessories, and I plan to order from them whenever I want something extravagant. They get a 7 out of 8 from me, since earrings aren't exactly a deal-breaking aspect of a coord. Wanna see more? Visit their shop

Red Maria

Overdress stock photo, I do not own!

After trying on the overdress from Your Highness, this one was a massive fail. 

If I'm honest, this overdress, and the other version in the last haul, kind of turned me off from overdresses entirely. Plus, the overdress from Your Highness worked out so well, I don't foresee me needing any more anyway.

That being said, the overdress is nice, it just doesn't work in the shoulders, much like the last Red Maria overdress. As of writing this post, I've already sold it to someone else, so I'm mostly mentioning it for the record: Plus-sized Lolitas, beware. 

This won't work for us busty folks, or anyone with wider than average shoulders.

Red Maria overdress.

Kuma-P

Fluffy beret stock photo, I do not own!

I wanted to make a fluffy snow coord for my comm's Holiday Meet, so I was looking at items that looked suitable for the winter tundra! I stumbled on an adorable shop called Kuma-P, where there's berets of all shapes and sizes, as well as other accessories.

Fluffy beret!

The beret is so lovely, and it actually did make my head warm. The inside is lined and it's not flimsy at all! Perfect for a winter coord, :) 

Kuma-P gets a 7 out of 8, simply because I don't know if I'll ever need another specialty beret like this one. Still, they have a pretty extensive catalog of goodies, so feel free to take a look here

Offbrand Shops

Legwarmers stock photo, I do not own!

Most of the items in this section came from shops that don't have "official" names, or, they were hard to translate. For these items, you'll have to visit the links provided for each item.

I bought these legwarmers to go with my winter coord, since it doesn't get cold enough in Texas for me to own actual winter boots. Instead, I can wear these warmers with just about any shoes to "winterize" them without the commitment. I got them in white to match everything else.

My leg warmers.

The shop I got them from sellings socks and tights of various sizes and styles, so just proceed with caution. I can't really give them a score, given that it's pretty hard to mess up something this simple. You can get your own pair of leg warmers from this shop.

Boots stock photo, I do not own!

Speaking of winter boots, I did go ahead and buy a pair of white Lolita boots, to use year-round. The boots are great, but unfortunately, they're too big, T_T

I ordered the boots in a Size 40, but I should have gotten a Size 39. Even with Lolita tights, boot socks, AND the leg warmers on, I still had room in my shoes, lol. 

My boots

They're comfy though, and also lined, so they're warm enough should you actually need them for cold weather. The shoes got up to Size 43, which makes them more plus-size friendly than other shops. I'd buy more shoes from this store, for sure! Check 'em out here

Puff shawl, I do not own!
I grabbed this shawl as the final touch to my winter coord, but it didn't fit my bust, soooooooo that was; well, for lack of a better word, a bust, haha.

Fluffy stole.

I wouldn't buy anything else from this shop, so I won't even bother linking it. 

The final "offbrand" item is my new petticoat! I've been wearing a deflated petti over my short hoop skirt and I wanted something new to replace the bad one. I bought the new petticoat during the 11/11 sales, and got it for a steal.

Petticoat stock photo, I do not own!

The petticoat has a stretchy waist, and it fits great, but it's a tad stiff. I'm fine with that since I'm basically using it as a topper for my hoop skirt.

My petticoat.

Seeing it in photos, it reminds me of the deluxe Halloween petticoat that I bought from Target when I was a baby Lolita. I don't expect this to last forever, but I'm happy with the way the layers look together.

Here's a picture of the winter coord I put together with all my items! I was so comfy and a touch too warm, lol. The jacket actually came from Rue 21, XP

My winter coord!
If you've stuck through to the end, kudos to you! This was probably one of my biggest hauls for 2019. I ordered a lot and though I'll be selling a few things, I'm happy with the order overall. 

This is my last post of the year, and looking back, I can't believe another year is coming in just a few short days. Thanks for always reading my blog posts and interacting with me across the Internet. Stay safe during your holiday travels, and don't forget our motto in 2020!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. Hey, I have these exact same boots! Except that I bought mine via eBay years ago. I'm not sure if that's my not being used to heels this high, but I find that they tire my legs out a bit if it's a long day of walking, but they're great for more sit-down affairs with just short walks between places. As always, great post, I am digging right into checking out some of those shops.
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you again! For me, my feet were fine, but since the shoes were too big, I could feel my feet sliding forward as I walked, X_X

      Thanks for reading and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts