Nine Odes: The Butterfly Princess (Photo Heavy)

Happy (late) Thanksgiving, my Blue babies~!

I got a new dress and I absolutely couldn't wait to share it with you! It's so gorgeous. I'm so excited to talk about it that I'll just get right into the review!


The Butterfly Princess JSK

Stock photo, I do not own!

I've been wanting this piece for a loonnng time. I missed the first pre-order, but was able to snag a leftover dress from the first round. I love sax dresses, and I've never owned anything this OTT, so I can't wait to try it out!

My dress!

If you listen closely, you can hear my screaming all the way from Texas! OH. MY. GOSH. Y'all this dress is gorgeous and VERY heavy. Thank goodness for checked bag allowances, T_T

The blue hue is soft and lovely, the fabric is thick and sturdy, and the dress is SO elegant. Let's zoom in for more deets! 

Bodice and attached hardware.

Waist bow!

Overskirt.

Everything on this dress is such a great quality. I see some sections that need to be steamed, but I won't do that until much closer to wearing the dress. The most curious pieces with the "overskirt". It's hard to tell, but the small blue flowers at the waist are actually a separate piece from the rest of the dress.

This is easier to see from the back of the dress, so let's move on to the back of it!

Full back shirring.

Overskirt.

First of all, y'all catch that full back shirring?! I have over a 100 cm bust, and I'm certain this dress can go up to 120 cm, maybe even higher. I had ample room in in the bust area, and it's not at all uncomfortable or squeezing me in anyway.

The "overskirt" is more of an additional ribbon that connects at the waist. It comes with a train that is longer than the lowest tier of the dress. I'm scared I'm going to break it or have a dirty train, but we'll see how it behaves once I've got on heels.

Look at those layers!

Lace detailing.

More details!

One thing's for sure: Nine Odes used a lot of fabric to make this dress. Each unique layer has it's own design; some of the layers are lace, and others are lined in lace. It's so intricate, and absolutely exquisite. And heavy -- I can't stress that enough, haha.

I love this dress so much. It's definitely in my Top 3 pieces in my closet, and I've had yet to actually coord it, XP

I would definitely purchase another dress from Nine Odes, but all of their pieces are SO extravagant, so Over-The-Top that I'd never have enough occasions to wear them. I give Nine Odes a 10 out of 8 for this fan-freaking-tastic piece!

Nine Odes dresses are extremely popular on Taobao, and also pretty limited. If you see one up for grabs, get it while you can. As of writing this post, Round 2 preorders are live on LolitaWardrobe.

I hope y'all are ready to get some more packing tips, because I've got a review on my newest compression cube, coming soon~! I also have another Taobao haul on the way, so be on the look out for that too!

Until next time, my lovely readers!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J



Comments

Popular Posts