Taobao Haul #13: Fashion E-shop, Mingxiangqu, Godwish, Pinktutu, Elegant Cat, Your Highness, Confession Balloon, Das Lied Der Elfen/Night Falls, Vanyar Wigs, Alice Girl, Red Maria

Here we are, the awaited haul! I ordered a sizable order of mostly Goth items to prepare myself for the Fall! Unfortunately, some of these items ended up not working out, so I was unable to wear them. Since I've written reviews on some of these shops before, I'll just share the items image so you can see the comparison between the stock photo and the actual product.

As my 3-year-old niece says, let's rock and roll!

Fashion E-Shop

I do not own!

Fashion E-Shop pretty much a generic Taobao shoe store with a mixed selection of shoes. I grabbed these platform style heels because I wanted some shoes that could be more punk (or Gothic) than the black shoes I already own.

I wear a US size 8 (which is half a size up because I have wide feet), so I ordered these shoes in a Chinese Size 40, and they were a touch too big. I definitely could have gotten away with ordering a pair of 39s, but since my shoe luck hasn't been all that great lately, I decided to go a full size above what I normally wear.

My shoes!

The shoes don't feel cheap in the slightest, though they certainly look that way upon initial inspection. They're comfortable to wear and the straps didn't hurt my ankles. I wouldn't go into this shop looking for the best Lolita shoes on the market, but if you are wanting to experiment with different shoe styles, they're priced low enough that it won't be painful later.

I give Fashion E-Shop's shoes a 6 out of 8. They're reasonable priced, but I can't say I have much confidence that these will last forever. You can check out their large shoe selection with this link.

Mingxiangqu

I do not own!


I'm not sure when it began, but I've really started to enjoy wearing pretty earrings with my Lolita coords. Even when I wear wigs, something about having earrings that match my coord just makes me feel like I took an extra step in my overall look.

I decided to grab some black earrings because I don't have any at all. It's not a typical color to see in accessories and the good thing is: both pairs that I ordered can go with just about everything in my closet.

Stock photo, I do not own!
In addition to the two pairs of earrings, I also grabbed some butterfly hair clips.... that I forgot about on the day I wore Butterfly Cemetery, -_- I like that I can add these clips to a hair bow, or shoes, or really; anywhere, and they'll match the motif I'm going for.

They can be ordered with a matching headband, but since I rarely wear headbands in Lolita, I opted for the clips alone.

Mingxiangqu has a bunch of accessories for a low, low price -- I'm talking items under $1. Their selection of accessories is massive and to top it off, they're shop ranking is currently at two gold crowns, so they've got a great reputation. You can't go wrong ordering from them, so I give this shop an 8 out of 8! Visit Mingxiangqu's storefront here.

The earrings and butterfly clips from Mingxiangqu.

In the photo of my Mingxiangqu items, there are a handful of items from Godwish, specifically the black bracelet and the black rose clips. I tried to keep similar colors together when I took these photos, but I ordered so much stuff from Godwish that it was hard to get it all in one frame, XP

Godwish

Bracelete stock photo, I do not own.


Choker stock photo, I do not own.

Rose clip stock photo, I do not own.

Earrings stock photo, I do not own!

Brooch stock photo, I do not own!

If you're looking for Gothic Lolita accessories, Godwish is definitely the place to go. They have a massive catalog filled with roses, crosses, butterflies, and all types of things that look elegant with darker coords. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them, but I noticed something really interesting -- in person, ALL of my blue items actually appear purple. My friends and I immediately noticed the color different between these roses and the flowers I already own, as I pulled each flower out of the bag. However, in photos, everything is perfectly royal blue. I don't know enough about photography to figure out what kinda magic is afoot, but I'll let you be the judge.

Beautiful blue hue~!

One thing I really liked about Godwish is that they sellers asked for my wrist and neck measurement to ensure that both items would fit me. I was surprised when my shopping service sent me the message, but thankful for it nonetheless. Godwish is another shop that gets an 8 out of 8 from me because I love every single item I ordered.

Go to their shop page and treat yoself~!

Pink Tutu

Stock photo, I do not own!

Y'all know I love Pink Tutu so I don't have anything else to say, XP My headpiece is amazing and I can't wait to wear it!

Headpiece ft. Elegant Cat wristcuffs.

Elegant Cat

Stock photo, I do not own!

Now that I have both pairs of Elegant Cat wristcuffs, all I need to order are bow attachments in different colors! It's crazy to think I used to hate wristcuffs with a passion, XP

Did you know Elegant Cat is one of my top 5 favorite Taobao shops? Read all about it on my Five Favorite Taobao Shops post.

Your Highness

Stock photo, I do not own.

This was my first time ordering from Your Highness and I love them so much, I've already bookmarked the shop AND ordered another item, haha. I purchased two blouses from them in black and navy, and these blouses are lovely. 

Black blouse.

Navy blouse.

A word of caution to anyone with larger arms: the sleeves on these blouses does stretch but it can be a tad uncomfortable at first. If you can remove the elastic, I'd suggest that, but if not just be cautious.

Your Highness has a diverse catalog of items, including blouses, overdresses, JSKs, bags, and shoes. They also offer items that go into plus-size ranges, making them a great place to check out! I give this shop an 8 out of 8 as well! Check out Your Highness with this link!

Confession Balloon

Sailor blouse stock photo, I do not own!

Confession Balloon sells blouses and jackets, with a few main pieces in their catalog. I found the shop because I was looking for a Sailor blouse that would work with my coord plans. Their shop is adorable, and most of their items are plus size friendly. I love my new blouse!

The blouse.

I love the little shells on it, and the overall playful vibe of the blouse. It came with a collar but I haven't attached it yet. Confession Balloon gets an 8 out of 8, and I've added them to my bookmarks too! We've got a lot of home runs in this haul, <3

Visit Confession Balloon's shop!

Das Lied Der Elfen/Night Falls

Stock photo, I do not own!

I got a Sailor beret to go with my Sailor collar, and it's so cute! I've ordered from Night Falls before the shop changed names, so I know they're a brand I can trust.

My hat!

Vanyar Wigs

Stock photo, I do not own!

We've reached the portion of the review where my disappointment begins to set in. This was my first time ordering a Vanyar wig, and I was mildly disappointed by it. I've only heard great things about this brand, so I was really excited to try their products. I ordered this wig because I thought it'd be a great replacement for my favorite gray wig, but upon opening the package, I discovered the wig is basically blonde!

Vanyar Wig.

Also, these wigs shed a lot. The second time I wore my new wig, I found blonde hairs all over my car and clothes throughout the day, it was frustrating, X_X The wig is lovely, the fibers are nice, and I love the style, but the shedding and the confusing color difference make me wonder if this is a "me error" or a "them error".

In typical J-Doesn't-Learn-Her-Lessons style, I ordered THREE more wigs from Vanyar, soooooo we'll see what happens. They're certainly better than the last wig mistakes I made, -_-

For now, I'll give Vanyar a 5 out of 8, with the caveat that more wigs are on the way to help me form a more well-rounded opinion. Pay a visit to Vanyar's store front here.

Alice Girl

Stock photo, I do not own!

I've been singing Alice Girl's praises for months to my friends and fellow plus sized Lolitas. This is the first item I've ever ordered from them that I was relatively unhappy about, and I'm not sure if I want to keep this cape, or sell it.

I've only borrowed caplets from my friends so I was stocked to finally purchase my own. I should have looked at the stock photo in more detail, because this caplet is thin, relatively see-through, and a lot smaller than I expected, especially coming from a brand that makes almost all of their dresses plus-size friendly.

The cape is too thin to wear in any type of cool weather (and I ain't wearing Goth in the summer if I don't have to), but also, it's barely long enough. The thin material can barely hold up the bows attached to the cape. On top of that, because the cape is so thin, it shifted the second I did any movement, i.e, lifting my arms. Overall, the cape is too thin and too short.

Wearing the caplet with my Halloween coord.

I still plan to buy other pieces from Alice Girl, but I will be more cautious of items that aren't blouses or main pieces. For some reason, Alice Girl has two shops on Taobao, so be sure to bookmark Alice Girl #1 and Alice Girl #2.

Red Maria

Overdress stock photo.

Let me count the ways in which my heart broke when I discovered I couldn't get my arms through this beautiful overdress. I've bought so many items from Red Maria, and none of hurt my feelings like this purchase has. I typically don't buy items like this because I find it difficult to find a use for them, but I thought this black overdress would be a great addition to my closet.

The overdress.

I don't even know how this would have fit in the bust because the armholes were just that tiny. Red Maria makes amazing items, so this was probably my biggest disappointment of the year. Excuse me while I go grab some tissues, T_T 

Quality-wise, the lace is nice, it looks and feels great, it's so pretty, but I have no idea who the heck can wear this. One thing's for sure, it isn't me, X_X 

Alas, we win some and we lose some. Two bad items, and one so-so item, out of an entire box of goodies won't ruin me completely. I just know now to be wary of outerwear on Taobao, which is fine, given that I live in a state that's relatively warm for nearly 9 months of the year.

So what'd you think of my haul this time? Have you bought anything new lately? Tell me all about it in the comment box below~!

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I have some more makeup reviews coming soon and a *fabulous* JSK review that'll be on your screens soon enough!

Until next time, my wonderful readers!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

Popular Posts