Metroplex Meets: Halloween High Tea

Happy Halloween!

In honor of my BFF's favorite holiday, I decided to write a post about my comm's Halloween meet, that I hosted two weeks ago. While I'm not actually a fan of this holiday, many of my comm members are, so I wanted to share their excitement and host a high tea event.

Given that our high tea is for Halloween, I wanted to go for a Gothic and elegant venue (like EGL Fashion!). I found what I was looking for at a historic hotel in downtown Dallas, Hotel Crescent Court.

I do not own!

Goodness, what a lovely place! Here are a few more pictures I took during my visit to the hotel.

The courtyard.

The inner courtyard.

The hotel lobby.

Inside of Hotel Crescent Court is The Conservatory, an upscale eatery that offers a high tea service. If the outside of the hotel was an indication, the interior of the Conservatory was absolutely breathtaking. 

Our high tea table!

Close-up of the table.

For $45 a person, we received a selection of teas, assorted sandwiches, four different scones, and a plate full of desserts. I've paid more for high teas, and I've paid less -- in general, most Lolita tea parties feature these types of foods, so nothing on the menu was particularly knew or unheard of to me. Still, the foods were delicious and the atmosphere was even better.

My tea.

Sammiches!

Scones.

My favorite course - dessert, <3

I had a blast with my comm, and I absolutely fell in love with every single decadent treat on my dessert plate. After we finished our meal, we decided to head out to take coord pictures and group photos! 

Coord Breakdown:
Bonnet - Sweet Dreamer
Caplet - Alice Girl
OP - Grove Deer: Moon of Eternal Day
Blouse - Amazon
Skirt - Soufflesong Butterfly Cemetery
Tights - Reina
Everything Else - Taobao/Offbrand 

Selfie~!









My comm members!

I had so much fun, and I hope everyone else did too! Thanks to everyone that attended that day! 

I rarely cover meets in my comm because we have so many (LOL), but I hope this post was as fun for you, my wonderful readers, as it was for me! If you ever come to the DFW area, I highly recommend paying a visit to Hotel Crescent Court, if you have time.

Since this is my second post for the week (are we in the Twilight zone? XP), I'll be posting my "Goth" Taobao haul in the very near future! In the meantime, tell me what your comm (or your family, or your friends) did for Halloween today in the comment box below!

See you next time, y'all!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

Popular Posts