**Sponsored** Review: Pixel Spa's Bloodstained Collection

Pixel Spa was kind enough to give me some more wonderful goodies from their newest collection! Before I go heavy into this review, please take a look at my first Pixel Spa review!

Bloodstained Collection

Pixel Spa collection photo, I do not own!

Pixel Spa's newest collection is inspired by the video game, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Though I've personally never played the game, I know that the former developer of the Castlevania series had a hand in creating the game, and so it's considered a spiritual successor to the series. I can't say I'm a major fan of either game series' but dang, is the artwork pretty and #GothAF.


Bloodstained box art, I do not own!

Based on the visuals from the box art, I can already see the parallels between the Bloodstained collection and the video game that inspired it. The collection features 3 lipsticks, several highlighters, a selection of nail polishes, and beautifully designed soaps.

For my review, Pixel Spa gave me 2 lipsticks, 2 highlighters, and a beautiful bar of soap. Look at it~!

The items I received in the new Bloodstained collection!

Since I have no idea how to "show" the benefits of a bar of soap, all I can tell y'all is the soap smells great, and it looks so pretty! ^_^ Other than that, I'll just move right along to the makeup review.

I was given a choice for 2 out of the 3 lipsticks in the collection, so I went with colors I normally wouldn't purchase on my own to add some diversity to my makeup collection.

Makeup Test

From top to bottom: Purple highlighter, blue highlighter, purple lipstick, blue lipstick.

Swatches alone are never a good way to test a product because there's a lot that can change between applying a swatch to my arm, and putting the product on my face. For that reason, I always do a makeup wear test whenever I get something new.

From the swatches, I can tell the highlighters are pretty subtle, so they may require some building, or even a wet application. The lipsticks apply smoothly, and they're certainly creamy. The purple has more pigment than the metallic blue, however.

Purple highlighter and purple lipstick test.

For my first test, I used the purple lipstick and purple highlighter. I tried to tone down my eyeshadow so that it wasn't overpowering the highlight on my inner corner. As I suspected, the highlight was pretty subtle under indoor lighting. It was much more noticeable in the sunlight, but it's not the type of highlight that would blind someone from sheer power.

The lipstick held on as well as could be expected for a bullet lipstick. It was pretty much gone as soon as I ate something, so if you're the type that hates reapplying products throughout the day, it might bother you.

A second purple highlighter test.

On my second makeup test, I put the highlighter everywhere I could think of, but still -- I got a super subtle highlight. The plus side of a subtle highlight is that even when I thought I was going overboard with the highlighter, I actually hadn't. The downside is that it still barely shows up in pictures, :/

I'm an Anime villain.

For my final test, I tried the blue lipstick and also the blue highlighter. I can tell the difference in the shades because the blue products are a bit cooler in undertone, however, the blue lipstick isn't as "blue" as one would expect. It's definitely more of a lip topper too, as the product was more sheer than the purple metallic shade I received. Even in this wear test, some of my actual lip color is still showing through after multiple applications. Still, I liked the effect of the metallic blue lipstick, because it seems to turn purple in pictures. It'd be great on top of a darker lip color.

The blue highlight is probably my least favorite product in the collection. It was even more subtle than the purple highlight, and it still "seemed" purple, though the color is definitely cooler. Each highlight came in a loose powder which might also be contributing to the subtleness. I tried wetting my brush when applying the highlighters, and while it helped it somewhat, it didn't change the product much.

Can you see the highlight?

As I said in my last Pixel Spa review: I don't think it's fair of me to place a rating on products I've received for review. It's this weird in-between where I don't want to be disrespectful to the companies that are willing to support me, while also not wanting to be "paid" (in free stuff) to lie or sell a product to my loyal readers. Instead, I'll just use this opportunity to say thanks to Pixel Spa for giving me some more products to try! 

In addition to all the products mentioned, Pixel Spa makes small sample soaps so that buyers can test out any fragrances before ordering a full product. You can check-out Pixel Spa's shop and products on Facebook here!

I have a huuggge haul that I'm working on, and another dress review coming soon! Thanks again to each and every one of you for your support, <3

Until next time, my lovely readers~!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

Popular Posts