Taobao Haul #8: Huge Haul!

I've been slowly building up my Taobao cart in preparation for con season, so this is the first of two orders that I'll be reviewing. Don't forget: I'm an affiliate with Spreenow, so you can use my link to place your own Taobao order!

Oooh, shiny, XP
I ordered *a bunch* of stuff, so please bear with me while I go through each item! This was a pretty large haul, and everything came from new (to me) shops!

Small Ball Diary Wig

My new wigs!
Ok, so I'll just preface my entire review on my wigs by saying: THESE WIGS WERE $1!!!!!

Now that that's out of the way, haha; I honestly didn't care how these wigs looked because if they were better than straw, I already got my money's worth and then some. And thankfully, they are! Yaaayyyyy!

Wig #1 Stock Photo.
The wigs are a little on the thin side, but they are oh so soft and they look really good. I'm pretty sure they even sent me the wrong wig because neither of my wigs look like this picture, but again -- it was $1, so I'm happy, XP They at least got the color, right??

The wig that I got!
I ordered two wigs from this shop, just to give it a try. Supposedly, these are clearance Priscilla wigs, but I'm not sure I believe that. Still, it's hard to have high expectations when you pay $1 for anything.

Stock photo, I do not own!
Now that I know this shop has $1 wigs that look pretty natural, I'm probably going to buy as many as I can, in as many different colors as possible. They don't shed terribly either, which is a plus. Did I mention these are $1?!?! XP

Wig #2!
The second wig looks much more like the picture. I tried to cut the bangs, but I have to admit, I'm really not a fan of them. I love the rest of the wig though, so I'll make due. 

You can check out the inventory of cheap wigs here. 8/8 from me, will buy moar cheap wigs ASAP.

Lucky Star Lolita Dress

Stock photo, I do not own!
I keep trying to make these crop blouses a thing for me, and I really just need to stop, :( They're just so hit or miss on me that I'm just going to give up on buying them.

First of all, this blouse looked awful on me, and the sleeves were extremely short. Also, it didn't look anything like the picture. It was about $10, and there were loose threads everywhere. All and all, this blouse was just a mediocre quality and a poor fit. 0/8, I won't ever buy anything from this shop again. I sold this blouse right after trying it on so I didn't have a chance to get a picture.

Sweet Berries

Stock photo, I do not own!
I bought this veil, thinking I'd need it for something, and the more I think on it... the more I realize I didn't need it at all, haha. Anyway, I like this veil for what it is, but I have a feeling that the comb is going to drive me crazy.

So pretty~!
Still, it's pretty and it's not itchy. The lace is a bit stiff, but definitely not terrible either. I'm going to have to play around with the comb thing to make sure it'll stay on my head. I see a lot of hairpins in my future, X_X

I give Sweet Berries a 4/8. Not OMG gorgeous, but I know I'll like it a lot more once I pair it with a coord. You can take a look at other Sweet Berries accessories at their storefront.

Rose of Sharon

Stock photo, I do not own!
This choker is freaking gorgeous, y'all. I took it out of the bag and just stared at it for a minute because I wasn't expecting it to be so dang pretty. It fits like a dream and I appreciate the larger clasp at the back because it helps a lot with my long nails.

The choker.
I will absolutely order from Rose of Sharon again! 8 out of 8, I'm so pleased with my new choker! You can check out all the beautiful items from Rose of Sharon with this link!

Six Days Lolita Original Shoes Store

Stock photo, I do not own!
I'm so excited to finally own my dream Lolita shoes! I've been eyeballing these Lolita shoes for a long while, mostly because I couldn't decide if I would really use these interchangeable shoes. After sitting on my hands for a while, I just went ahead and bought them! I can't wait to wear these!

My lovely new shoes!
The shoes come with a million and one bows in the box. They can be used to turn the shoes into an all-white pair or a white x gold pair. I really love the gold accents and the peaarrrrllllllsssss, OMG! I'm so in love, but I know I'll have to keep a close eye on all these shoe clips, X_X

Shoe clips!
There are two sets of shoe clips for the front of the shoes, two sets for the back, and then an additional two sets for either side of the shoes. They also come with white ribbons that can be threaded inside the shoe and around the ankle.

My new shoes!
On top of all of that, the ankle straps are *also* removable. These shoes come with lots of options! I ordered a size 38 (US size 8) and these lovely heels run pretty narrow, so if you buy them, definitely go a size up. I definitely could have purchased these in size 39 to give myself a bit of room, but they fit and they look soooooooooo cute. 8 out of 8 again! We have a winner!!

In regards to the shop, I really like this Lolita store because they actually design their own Lolita shoes. While they also sell some shoe design replicas, you can view their shoe sketches and ideas in the shop! Check out all the unique Lolita shoes from Six Days here.

22:00 PM

Stock photo, I do not own!
The only part of this shop's name that would translate in Google was 22:00 PM, so please keep in mind that I'm just abbreviating the name. Honestly, this shop has absolutely GORGEOUS headpieces. I was drooling as I went through their entire catalog of items. While this beret in particular took about a full month to make, I honestly feel like it was worth it. It looks *so good*.

Looks exactly like the picture!
My one and only complaint about this shop is the amount of time it took to make this one item. I don't understand how or why it took them over a month to make a beret, and all their other items are much more complicated. However, since the item looks exactly like the picture, and it's a great quality, I won't fuss too much. I would probably order from them again if I need a more complex headpiece. I'll give then a 7 out of 8 this go round, with a strong suggestion to see their page.

Take a look at 22:00 PM's storefront for yourself with this link.

Ruby Rabbit

Stock photo, I do not own!
Ruby Rabbit is a pretty popular Taobao brand, but this is actually the first time I've ordered from them. Their tights have a similar quality and feel to Yidhara's tights so I honestly wasn't worried. I will say though: I expected pure white tights with a gold print, and these are decidedly cream tights.

Ruby Rabbit tights.
These tights fit very well and are awesomely stretchy! They're super soft and comfy too! I'm not sure I would recommend them to anyone taller than about 5'4" though. I would definitely purchase tights from Ruby Rabbit again! 8 out of 8! We're on a roll on this haul.

You can find more items from Ruby Rabbit here.

Murong Li Che Handmade Lace Jewelry

Stock photo, I do not own!
When I place a huge order from Taobao, I try to anticipate the type of coords I can put together with each item I'm buying. My new rule is that every item I purchase has to work with *at least* three coords. Fortunately for me, small accessories like these are really great for adding last minute, little touches. I bought these little rose clips in two colors, blue and white.

Rose clips.
My plan is to use these as hair or hat accessories, but I might get inventive and use them as shoe clips too! These were super affordable too, so all and all, absolutely perfect for what I needed. Another 8 out of 8 for this review!

You'll have to excuse the translated name, as I don't know what any of it actually means. Still, you can view the shop's entire catalog of jewelry and accessories with this link.

Butterfly House

Stock photo, I do not own!
This was pretty and *so* cheap, so I couldn't not buy it, haha. I bought this with Butterfly Cemetery entirely in mind, but I could probably wear this with my black OPs too, and create a black x blue coord that will set my blue loving heart aflutter.

My new headpiece!
I have a bit of a concern that this shade of blue is different from that of my blue rose clips, but I'm sure I can figure something out. The roses are really pretty in person as well. The ribbons are a bit weird to me, especially because they look so shiny in pictures, but hopefully I can make it work. There wasn't any awkward hot glue strings, or weird bits, so I can appreciate Butterfly House's work. I'll give them a 6 out of 8 this time, because I'd definitely be willing to order more items from them.

See Butterfly House's shop by clicking right here!

That's it for this haul. Wow, I wasn't expecting to order that much! Thankfully, after the next order, that'll be all I get from Taobao until next year, unless I just see something that I absolutely can't live without.

I also ordered a dress from Lolita Wardrobe, and since I bought most of these items to coord with that dress, I'll be putting together a review on that ASAP. It's a dress that's been out for a while, but it's still new to me, so I might as well review it! 

What awesome new goodies have you purchased recently? Was there anything you loved or hated? Tell me all about it in the comment section below!

Until next time, <3

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. Yay, more new shops on Taobao to browse! I fell in love with a lot of jewellery from Rose of Sharon, definitely bookmarking that shop for next time I do a Taobao order, it will be nice to bulk it up with some pretty things from there. As well as the Six Days Lolita, but I absolutely do not have the space for new shoes right now, so it might have to wait. Haven't really bought much recently, I've been on spending restrictions since I don't have that many gaps that need filling and am trying to limit impulse purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, everything on Rose of Sharon is so pretty, right?! I totally understand what you mean about impulse purchases though: even looking over this order, some of these items I definitely could have waited on, X_X

      I'm excited to have a whole new catalog of shops to add to my bookmarks though and I'm glad I could help you find some too! Thanks for reading, <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips~ Definitely going to check out the $1 wigs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts