2015, Year in Review!

One of my frilly senpais posted an awesome questionnaire on my community page, so I figured I'd make a blog post of it. Here's my 2015 review, which also serves as a prologue to my start of the year wardrobe post!

1. Your favorite look of 2015
-My favorite look in 2015 is actually more recent than I thought it would be! I absolutely adore my waitress themed French Cafe coord! French Cafe has been a dream dress for a while, so I was super excited to finally get it this year. AND IT'S BLUE!

From San Japan 2015!
Coord Breakdown-
Wig: Lockshop

Beret and glasses: Offbrand

OP and OTKs: AP French Cafe

Apron: Vintage

Shoes: Taobao

Bag (not pictured), random bows, tea cups: Offbrand


2. Your least favorite look of 2015
-There are a lot of coords I wish I had done better but very few disappoint me like my October 2015 coords. Both of these were planned at the last minute and it shows.

October was not a good month for me, >_<
3. Favorite purchase
-Ooohh, this one is tough. I bought *a lot* of stuff in 2015! My favorite purchase of 2015 would have to be... my petticoat! I was in dire need of a good petticoat and what a difference it has made to have one! My petticoat is so awesome that my friends keep borrowing it, @_@ I had to cut off some layers, but it has stayed strong for a while.

Awesome Taobao petti!
4. Least favorite purchase
-Easy. My least favorite purchase was the Sugar Spun Rabbit OP from Pumpkin Cat. This dress was my first ever reserve purchase from Taobao. It's a beautiful dress but the style really doesn't suit me. I tried it on and immediately put it up for sale afterwards, >_<

RIP friend. Stock photo, I DO NOT OWN!
5. An item you wished you purchased but didn’t.
-AP ROYAL CARDS! Freakin A, this dress went on sale a million times (one time for $85!!) and every time it popped up, I didn't have the money for it. Uggghhhhhhhh, *cries forever*

AP Royal Cards, Stock Photo. I DO NOT OWN!

6. Trends you liked and didn’t like from 2015
-Two trends that I didn't like were the super freaking long dresses and the rise of OTT coords. I understand that people want to dress up, but when coords get to the point of not looking like Lolita anymore, I feel like it turns the fashion into a costume.

Also RELIGIOUS MOTIFS: Can we not, y'all? It makes me hella uncomfortable to wear someone else's holy symbols on my body. I reallllllllyyyy don't like that.
That being said, a trend I did like is the changes in sizing availability! More and more Lolita brands are realizing that the fashion isn't just for tiny Japanese girls anymore. I think it shows that the fashion is growing into an international sensation!

7. Favorite release of 2015
-My favorite release is BTSSB's Milky Rail Train. Never have I fallen in love so hard with a dress. It embodies everything I think Lolita should be. I believe this dress is a yearly release, so maybe next year's will have a wider range of sizes, *__*

Stock Photo, I DO NOT OWN!

8. What were your fashion goals of 2015? Did you achieve them?
-My 2015 goal was to buy more OPs! I technically have 2, but I bought and sold like 4, lol. So: mission accomplished!! 

New Year 2016 questions


9. Predict the new trends for 2016
-More cat prints, a comeback for old school, and perhaps the introduction of a new sub-style? Lol, I don't know, I'm just guessing at things. I'm hoping that the major brands start re-releasing/re-vamping old prints. There's so many things I missed out on in the previous years, T_T

10. 2016 releases you are excited for
-I'm pretty sure Meta is going to come out with many more amazing things! I'm also going to be on the lookout for new releases from Chantilly, other AP, Putumayo and Haenuli. In addition, now that I know how to navigate Taobao, I'm extremely excited to see what the smaller companies are going to come out with~!

Also: THIS! It's called the Secret Garden series and comes from the Taobao shop Cat's Broom! I have a mighty need, <3

Collage of all 3 Stock Photos, I DO NOT OWN!

11. Fashion goals for 2016
-Lastly, my goal for 2016 is to get more wigs and hats. The basics to having a great wardrobe is to have many interchangeable pieces. At the moment, I have plenty of main pieces, but not enough accessories to make my wardrobe wholly compatible. Dropping my color choices down to mostly blues has certainly helped, but I need more accessories to help pull everything off. Of course, that won't stop me from buying dresses, but my focus is primarily on headwear and accessories. The good thing is -- that stuff is typically cheaper~! W00t~!

How was your 2015, my precious readers? Even though I had a few dark moments, I'd have to say I accomplished a lot and I'm excited for next year!


I'll be back in the near future with more reviews and of course, a part 2 to my BB cream quest!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. I really likes that French Cafe coord. I wish you could've kept that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts