Taobao Haul #4: Best Wish, MuFish, and Under the Umbrella Shown Signs

Yooooooooo~!

Guys, I am so bad at this updating thing. I take a million pictures so that I can make some posts and then whoosh~! Time flies by and months later, I still haven't posted like I wanted. Oh well! That's what New Year's Resolutions are for! Or something like that...

My wonderful Mama bought me a full coord for my birthday from Taobao! Well not a "full" full coord, but I basically got an entire outfit. I ordered through Yoybuy as per usual, and then my Mama gave me her card number and paid for the whole order. It wasn't tooo expensive, but I'm thankful to have parents that are supportive of my hobbies.

Onto the review~!

My order!

Altogether, the order was $125. This includes the cost of international shipping through DHL, tracking, insurance, and of course, my stuff. It took about a month for everything to get to the Shopping Service, but it only took a week for the items to get to me.

Best Wish

Product image. I DO NOT OWN!

I heard about Best Wish from Closet of Frills (a daily Lolita page on Facebook). The young lady gushed about how awesome their blouses were, so when I saw a cute, Sailor style blouse, I instantly wanted it! The thing I like most about Best Wish is their sizing. Their blouses go up to 105 cm, which is exxxceeellleeenttttt for busty gals like me! The blouse was really nice and well made for the price. I paid roughly $30 for the blouse.

Ta-da~! New blouse!
A word of caution to all the excited buyers out there: be careful of the sleeves. I wouldn't say my forearms are that wide around, but it was tight enough to make me uncomfortable. The good thing is, the sleeves have buttons on them (super adorable buttons!) so I was able to solve that problem quickly.

STAR BUTTONS!

The seams are neat and the blouse is sturdy. It's not thin at all. The blouse also came with a small detachable bow. I used it in my hair, lol.

Have a few more detail shots!

The sleeves. WITH MOAR STAR BUTTONS!

Detachable bow with anchor

Back of the blouse.

All and all, I would definitely order from Best Wish again! I certainly plan on it. Best Wish gets a 7 out of 8, because I wasn't prepared for the uncomfortable sleeves.

MuFish


Stock photo; of course I don't own it.

I've talked about MuFish before, but man their sizing is all over the place. This is the second pair of tights I've ordered from them and while they are everything I've ever wanted, I barely fit them. I didn't have this issue with my other MuFish tights so I was a bit let down that they didn't fit as comfortably as I wanted.

Still -- They're beautiful!!

Tightsss!

If you are taller or wider than I am, I would not recommend these tights. They certainly have a stretch to them, but the material isn't as forgiving as the other tights I have. I give them a 5 out of 8.

Weiyi Square Lolita

JSK stock photo, I do not own!

Let me preface this entire section before I move any further with the review. I know *for a fact* that this particular Taobao shop makes replicas. One look at their shop list and it's pretty clear that they replicate many blouse and dresses from other companies. That being said, I personally believe most Sailor Lolita dresses look exactly the same. I wouldn't purchase a replica of a print, but if this dress is a replica of another brand's Sailor JSK, I wouldn't know it.

Anyway, this dress was made to fit me exactly. I give the shop props for offering a custom sizing option -- something a lot of shops don't do. I loved the fit of it, but the material that it is made from is definitely lacking. The dress is really thin too, so that means no Winter coords with this piece,

My JSK in Navy x White!
Despite its thin material, the dress was able to hold my petticoat well without becoming misshapen. It also came with a detachable collar!

Back of the JSK

The buttons on the front and the back are most there for decoration, but I can unbutton the white straps if I need to. All and all, I just wish this dress was made from a thicker material, but hey, for $40, I'm pleased with it.

Close-up of the stitching.

The straps are secure and the buttons seem like they won't fall off from the wind blowing. I'll give this JSK a 6 out of 8, but I don't think I'll order from this Taobao shop again.

Under the Umbrella Shown Signs (But Why??)

Tiny, adorable Sailor parasol!

These Taobao shops have some of the weirdest names, I swear. Seriously, how do they come up with these names? I don't even get it, lol.

Anywho, this adorable umbrella grabbed my attention because of its size and awesome sun-blocking interior. For about $9, you too can enjoy a life free of wrinkles and skin cancer. YAY!

Interestingly (and thankfully) enough, the stock photo is actually lighter than the real life color of the umbrella. Let's take a look, shall we?

Sailor Umbrella

The color is a darker navy than in the stock photo. Oh and also, they sent me a free surgical mask (is that what they are called? I don't even know) with my purchase! It's pink with stars, *__*

The parasol (umbrella?) is pretty compact and even though I struggled to fold it back into its square shape, it is really easy to transport. It was windy the day I wore my coord, however, so it instantly became a really big purse accessory.

I opened my umbrella in the house for you guys, T_T I hope I don't get bad luck!

I ain't scared of no sunlight!
The protective panel on the inside of the umbrella is actually made from a special material that is UPF 50. I certainly plan to carry this around during the hot Texas summers when I'm trying to keep my makeup from melting off my face.

8 out of 8, Taobao umbrella shop! I'll definitely be on the look-out for more cute forms of sun blocking powah. A girl can never have enough protection, :)

All and all, I was pretty pleased with this order. I'm already getting my cart ready for another GO, but we'll see how soon that will happen. I think the next time I order from Taobao, I'll get a wig and a cosplay although I definitely want to try some other Lolita shops.

Dark coord photo of everything worn together!
That's everything, folks! I have a lot of things to review, so I should have more posts up sooner rather than later. Also, I'm still testing out a bunch of different BB creams so look forward to Pt. 2!

Thanks for stopping by and as always: Stay beautiful, stay true.

~J

Comments

Popular Posts