A Super Late San Japan Post and Chantilly

There aren't enough apologies in the world for my terrible inconsistency with this blog so I'll just say yall are awesome for stopping by. I wanted to talk about all the cons I've gone to recently, but since I mostly wore Lolita to San Japan, I'll just make a super brief post about my experience there.

San Japan 2014 was AWESOME! I can't say that enough. The con was super chill and as my first Lolita con, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself from start to finish. A word of advice though: if you're going to this con, stay in the overflow hotels. There's fewer crowds and the amount of insane elevator traffic is reduced to practically zero. We were lucky to get a room at the Hilton Palacio Del Rio for a reasonable price; it was pretty great.

But back to the con! The San Anontio Lolitas were kind enough to host a Lolita tea party, a fashion show, and a swap and sell on Sunday. Since Lolita was my focus of the con, I went to all these events.

The tea party was my very first "formal" tea! I had lots of fun, and everyone was dressed so cutely! All of the girls were very nice and the coords were just so beautiful. I haven't been in Lolita for very long, so I certainly felt my newbness among all those veterans. It was a great experience for me and the girls in my community.

Random terrible photo of the tea party!
The food was tasty and the tea was really good too. They had a best dressed contest and two ladies from my comm made it to the finals! I was excited for them, but alas, neither of them won. That's okay, babies, y'all are still the prettiest girls around, <3 <3

Afterwards, we took a comm photo~! There was actually a surprising number of DFW girls there, but we knew we would see each other at the con. There haven't been any group photos at meets in a while, so I figured it would be a good idea to get a group picture of everyone all dressed up for the tea party.

Introducing the DFW Metroplex Lolitas!
I didn't get any good pictures at the fashion show or at the swap, so unfortunately all I can say is that everything was well organized and went smoothly. Not bad for my first Lolita con!

Now for the star of the show, the Dealer's Room! When I say I visited this place about four times a day for the entire weekend, I'm not making it up. I'm pretty sure the lovelies at the Harajuku Hearts booth knew my face and name by the end of the con. We went to their shop so much, mostly because it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see real brand, up close and in person. I really wish we could get a Lolita brand to open a shop in South, T_T

The Harajuku Hearts booth
My main goal was to find more blue pieces to add to my wardrobe. Of course, it wasn't hard with Chantilly stuff on the rack! I found a dream piece, and immediately bought the skirt and matching socks.

Enchantlic Enchantilly Phantom Merry-Go-Round Skirt and Blue/Silver diamond OTKs
I enjoyed San Japan so much, I'm going again next year! This was my second time at San Japan and I wasn't disappointed at all. As planned, I wore the three coords that I said I was going to wear. I was so surprised when I wore Star Night Theater -- one of the ladies at the AP/Harajuku Hearts booth helped me find my JSK's secret pocket! I was super excited to have a place to store my cell phone and a tube of chapstick, haha.

My San Japan coords
I also went to AnimeFest in August, but I only wore Lolita for a single day there and then cosplay for the rest of the weekend. If I had to compare, I'd say that I actually like San Japan better than AnimeFest, but not by too much. AnimeFest is a local con though, so it's certainly easier to get to than SJ.

What's your favorite event at cons, guys? For me, I'd have to say Dealer's Room every time. I think I just enjoying shopping wayyyy too much, XP

Until next time! Stay beautiful, stay true.

~J


Comments

Popular Posts