Lensvillage.com - Contacts Haul and Review

It's that time of year where I order new circle lenses!

I usually keep my contacts for a full year, so I buy multiple pairs at one time, and then hold on to them until they expire. Since I don't need contacts for medical reasons, it makes ordering cosmetic lenses a lot easier.

My contacts.
This time, I wanted to try a shop I heard some buzz about on FB: Lensvillage.com. I ordered my lenses during a month long summer sale, which got me a great deal on 3 pairs! I spent $48 altogether, including 8 - 12 day shipping to my door.

My order.

Right after I placed my order, another friend was doing a group order, so I spent $15 on a 4th pair! We spent so much that we qualified for free Express Shipping, which was fantastic.

My contacts + cases.

DollyEye Violet Lens - EOS V209LB

I do not own!

The violet lenses were my favorite of the bunch until I tried my 4th pair, XP I haven't had violet lenses in a while, so I was excited to give these a try.

Violet lens.

The lenses felt comfortable and gave me the least amount of trouble while putting them in. I love the color -- they're incredibly vivid against my brown eyes. They weren't particularly drying, but I didn't wear them for a long time, either.

I.Fairy Macaron Pink Lens

I do not own.

My pink lenses caused a bit of an issue with my order. The pair I originally wanted went out of stock before LensVillage could fulfill my order, so customer service sent me an e-mail to let me know. They invited me to pick another pair of pink lenses, free of charge, or simply get a refund.

I thought that was really generous of the company, since I was ordering lenses during a specific brand's sale. I scrolled through their catalog of pink lenses and picked this new pair as a replacement.

Given that this is my first pair of pink lenses, I wasn't quite sure what to look for in order to find a pair that suits me. I'm actually not a fan of these lenses, but that's on me, not the shop.

Blue lens (left), Pink lens (right)

These lenses make me look sickly, but also: they were the hardest to get in. I wouldn't repurchase these, but since I own them now, I'll do my best to wear them. I think they'd look really interesting with a Gothic coord.

Super Doll Blue Lens

Stock photo.

It wouldn't be a Saxon Blues contact review if I didn't get a blue pair of lenses! I was super excited for these blue contacts, but unfortunately, they're not as vivid as I wanted, T_T

They look much better in sunlight, but they're still not as blue as I wanted them to be. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

Blue contacts.
The blue lenses were fairly easy to put in, though my right eye gave me a little trouble (as usual). I got over 12 hours of wear time out of these, though, and they were super comfortable all day.

Kazzue Fantasy Green Lens

Green contacts.

The Kazzue lenses are my most favorite pair. I love that they don't look so much like contacts -- though I'm certain everyone knows this isn't my natural eye color, they don't look as "anime" as the other pairs.

These contacts were the most dry, however, which was a little odd. When I did my wear test, I had them in for about 4 hours. By the time I took these out, my eyes were incredibly dry. I'm not sure if that was caused by the solution I soaked the lenses in, or if it was because of the weather, but this is definitely a pair that requires rewetting eyedrops after a few hours.

I would feel comfortable wearing these lenses outside of J-Fashion, which makes them a great "daily" pair, for those that are looking for something to try.

I was incredibly pleased with the entire ordering process with LensVillage from start to finish! I would absolutely order from them again, and I definitely plan to! They also offer a Rewards program, which gives shoppers Store Credit for each purchase.

Have you ordered any circle lenses lately? What are your favorite shops to order from? Let's talk about it in the comment box below!

I've still got a pretty big Taobao review heading your way, so be sure to come back soon! Until next time, my amazing readers, <3

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J 

Comments

Popular Posts