**Sponsored** Glimmer Bat Studio: Bath and Beauty Review

Hello, hello! I'm back again with a sponsored review this time!

A few weeks ago, I was sent a lovely package of goodies from Glimmer Bat Studio, and it took me a bit of time to test out everything I received. In order to form a more well-rounded opinion, I even recruited some help this time -- my boyfriend tried out some of the products with me, <3 

Given that this is a sponsored review, I won't assign an actual rating on the products, like I do for my other items, but I will highlight my feelings on each item. Be sure to check out Glimmer Bat Studio's shop over on Etsy with this link!

So many awesome goodies!
In my box, I received:

-Two Lip Balms in Lavender Honey
-Two Sample sizes of the Tabula Rasa soap
-One Lip Sugar Scrub
-One Hair Re-Animator Hot Oil Treatment

Each product is vegetarian, and made with ingredients that are geared towards helping your body, as well as the environment! 

Lavender Honey Lip Balm

The lip balm.
Since I was given two lip balms in my box, I decided to give one of them to my boyfriend to test with me. Both of us enjoyed the light scent of the lip balm, and I felt like it was pretty moisturizing without being greasy. It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth either, which is a problem I seem to have with some of my lipsticks, X_X

I also applaud Glimmer Bat for putting a label on the chapstick that's legible and easy-to-understand. My biggest issue with a lot homemade products is that the labels tend to slide off as the products sweat or dissolve, but this label hasn't had any issues at all.

All and all, it's a great balm! A single balm retails for $3 on Glimmer Bat Studio's Etsy store, or you can grab 2 for $5.

Tabula Rasa Soap

Tabula Rasa Soap
I'll be 1000% honest here and say that I had no idea what the heck "tabula rasa soap" was until I Googled it. Tabula Rasa Soap is supposed to be used as a shaving soap, to replace shaving cream or whatever other substance one might use while shaving. I was completely unaware of this fact, so I've used up one of my two soap samples as just a plain jane soap: mostly to wash my hands and clean my makeup brushes. In those aspects, it worked pretty well, so I have no complaints.

I used my second sample for the proper shaving purposes, and it was great! My skin felt so smooth and soft after shaving, and like the lip balm, the soap has a pleasant scent that isn't extremely overwhelming.

My small complaint with this product is mostly due to my own ignorance -- I would have liked more of an explanation about tabula rasa soap, such as the benefits of it, and its uses. A little info card included in the package would make sure that customers are utilizing the product to its full potential.  

You can grab your own bar of tabula rasa soap from Glimmer Bat Studios for just $5.

Lip Sugar Scrub

Lip Sugar Scrub!
The last two products in my box were definitely my most favorite items. This fantastic sugar scrub is $3 for 2 fluid ounces and it comes with a spatula. It made my lips so smooth and soft.

The sugar scrub is made from all natural ingredients and it's actually edible! Though I personally don't go around eating sugar scrubs, I'm glad that if I accidentally ingest some of this, I won't have to rush to the ER, XP

The lip scrub plus the lip balm work perfectly together. Though I wouldn't say that the lip scrub is particularly drying, it does feel like it strips away whatever is on my lips (including lipstick), so I always follow up with the lip balm I received. It's a great routine for nighttime, and you'll wake up with supple, moisturized lips! 

Hair Re-Animator Hot Oil Treatment

I accidentally used up the product before I could take an individual shot, X_X
Out of everything, both my boyfriend and I loved the Hair Re-Animator Hot Oil Treatment the most. Since we both have African American hair, we opted to just leave the treatment in our hair instead of washing it out, since our hair needs the oil anyway.

My boyfriend has really dry hair, and an even drier scalp that tends to flake up quite often. In the past, he's used shampoos that specifically targeted these issues, but none have worked as well as this Hair Re-Animator -- that's how amazing this product is.

To heat the oil, I filled a mug with hot water and placed the entire single-use packet in hot water for about 5 to 10 minutes. Since we both have short hair, that one packet was more than enough oil for the both of us. I applied the treatment to our freshly washed hair with my hair still a little damp while his hair was towel dried. I made sure to massage it into my boyfriend's scalp really well. 

Immediately after application, I could see the sheen on his scalp from the oil treatment. That same sheen lasted a full three days later. By day four, my boyfriend told me that his scalp felt a lot less itchy than usual and he also hadn't noticed seen dry flakes at all. Unfortunately, we used up the packet during our first test, so by the end of the week, his scalp was back to acting up.

For my own hair, I didn't notice a huge difference, but I also use a lot more products in my hair on a daily basis. I will say that the hot oil treatment felt nice and I noticed my own scalp was a lot less itchy, so it seemed like the product worked for me.

Mostly, I was just shocked at how well it worked in my boyfriend's hair! He's already asked me if we'll be getting more of "that oil stuff" so it sounds like we'll have to get a full sized bottle of Hair Re-Animator very soon. A single-use packet is only $1.50 and a 2-oz. bottle is $8.

As I mentioned earlier, I won't be giving a numbered rating for Glimmer Bat Studio's products since this review is sponsored, but I'll leave with the exact same note that I left on my Pixel Spa review: please support small businesses! These items are crafted with thoughtful care and consideration for both you and the environment, and they're crazy affordable! There's no reason not to, :)

I finally received a Taobao dress after a three month long pre-order, so that review is coming up next. I also have two concerts to attend at the end of the month, so I might make a blog post about one of them, and share my coord with you, <3

Thanks for sticking with me for this review and I'll see y'all in the next one!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

Popular Posts