Taobao Haul #16: Pinky Winky, Sycamore Style Hat, Little Yellow Hat Shop, Princess Lee Wigs, Sakurada Fawn, Yuni Fairy, Little Monk Shop,

My 17-lb. Taobao box finally arrived! 

I honestly wasn't expecting my latest shipment to get THAT big. But that's to be expected -- I've been ordering stuff off of Taobao since January. Initially, I was worried about shipping because of the pandemic, but as my order got bigger and bigger, I knew I couldn't wait any longer, or I'd be paying half my rent money in shipping, X_X

Thankfully, USPS has this amazing option called Sea Freight, and it's super affordable and even more effective than EMS right now! I recommend it for everyone that's placing orders on Taobao during these trying times. It also comes with tracking, which you'll need because ALL the postal services are royally ruined right now. I could rant about that all day, -_- 

I got A LOT of stuff this time, so let's go right into it!

Pinky Winky

Stock photo, I do not own!

I've heard of Pinky Winky before, but I've never ordered anything from them before I had to have this Sailor collection, but unfortunately, most of the items were sold out before I could get to it. I managed to score the hat though!

Sailor hat from Pinky Winky.

The hat is on the small side, so if you have a larger head, this might be too small to wear directly on your head. Construction-wise, it has lots of cute details, and it definitely fits the overall Sailor theme. I love the little anchor details all over it! So cute~!

For this hat alone, I give Pinky Winky a 7 out of 8. Their items are great, but they sell out quick, and there's no guarantee of a restock on anything. Still, I'd definitely order from Pinky Winky again, and you should too! Check out their shop here

Sycamore Style Hat

Stock photo, I do not own!

I can never have enough hats. Seriously.

This hat shop sells lots of causal, cute berets, hats, and baseball caps, so they're not exactly a Lolita/J-Fashion oriented shop. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but for a person that wears alternative fashion styles often, they might not have the best selection.

I wanted this hat because it seemed a little nicer than the one sax beret I ordered a long time ago. The hats are also available with a veil/netting in the same shade.

Sax beret.

I didn't see a reason to get the hat with the veil around it because I mostly wanted something a little toned down. The hat is an excellent material and has a drawstring on the inside for better sizing. Major kudos to the shop for that.

I'm pretty easy to please, and this beret checks all my boxes, so I give Sycamore Style Hat a 5 out of 8! It's not that the shop is bad, but the reality is, there are so many other shops out there with basically the exact same inventory. If you'd like to see what this shop has to offer, click this link. 

Little Yellow Hat Shop

Stock photo, I do not own!

I knooooowwww. I literally JUST said I didn't want a beret with a veil, but what I mean was "I don't want a sax beret with a veil." HAHA, XP

Don't judge me, y'all, I really like hats, and I saw such potential for this one! The standout stars for this beret are those pretty pearls and the veil. I can't WAIT to wear this with a Gothic coord. It's just as lovely in pictures as it is in person. It's also adjustable, which we already know is great for wigs!

Beret + a new wig!

If you can't tell, I'm oh-so-excited about this beret. While it comes from a shop that also has a variety of Casual hats, the difference between the Little Yellow Hat Shop and Sycamore Style Hat is purely volume: the former has 45 pages worth of products. For that reason, I'll rank it a step higher than Sycamore with a 6 out of 8. Find your perfect hat in their massive catalog here. 

Did you notice that this picture is a two-for-one shot? I ordered three wigs in this order, but one of them was a massive fail (color-wise), so I've already sold it! The two that I kept came from Princess Lee Wigs.

Princess Lee Wigs

Stock Photo, I do not own!

I'm not quite sure what happened, but for some reason, I've never written about this wig shop on my blog. This is actually my second time ordering from Princess Lee. I looovveee their selection. 

Blue-gray wig. 

The wigs are soooo pretty, and soooo soft, but for the sake of transparency -- they shed a good amount and some of them are thinner than others.

Still, I think they look lovely. I'd say something like, "I'd order from them again" but I already have, so the proof is in the pudding.


Stock photo, I do not own.

I didn't care for the bangs or the curls on the ends of the second wig, but I still like the wig color and length. For the price, I can't complain.

I'll probably have to cut the bangs because they were all in my face when I first pulled the wig on. To fix that, I just moved the wig further back on my head, but I find it feels a little odd to wear a wig so far back.

Linen gray wig. 

Princess Lee Wigs earned themselves a 7 out of 8! They have a huge selection of beautiful fashion wigs, in every color you can think of! I typically have at least 3 of their wigs in my cart at one time, which is both a blessing and a curse, X_X 

Visit Princess Lee Wigs' storefront and find your favorite style!

Sakurada Fawn

Stock photo, I do not own!

Sakurada Fawn might just become one of my new favorites. They offer a selection of blouses, dresses, and accessories that are plus-sized friendly, with most items claiming up to 130 cm bust. Taobao shops with such a diverse size chart are hard to find, so I highly recommend adding them to your bookmarks.

I purchased this blouse after it blew up on the Positive & Plus Size Lolita/EGL group on FB, and I'm so glad I did. The blouse is super comfy and fits well. It's the perfect shade of sax too!

Sax blouse.

I can't wait to coord with blouse with something! I'm also super pleased with the fit and construction of the blouse. This shop gets an 8 out of 8, for quality and consistency. I have so much respect for Taobao shops that realize Lolitas aren't all one single size. Check out Sakurada Fawn with this link

Yuni Fairy

Stock photo, I do not own!

I bought these shoes for an International Lolita event that was canceled. I'm a little bummed about the event, but these OTT shoes were still worth the wait. I've ordered from Yuni Fairy before, and my only complaint is that their shoes are incredibly narrow. As you all know, I always order my Lolita shoes half a size up (I'm a US 7.5 so I get an 8 in Chinese sizes), for this shop, I had to order a size 40.

Gold shoes.

In-person, the shoes aren't yellow-gold, like they are in the stock photos. They're beautiful, but not the shade of gold I thought they'd be. I don't have any issues with that in per say, but I also haven't worn them in a coord yet. Ordering them in a Size 40 was a great idea, though, as the shoes fit comfortably.

I should have learned my lesson from my previous review of Yuni Fairy, but I wanted to give them another shot with these OTT shoes. We'll see if my feelings change on them later.

Little Monk Shop

Stock Photo, I do not own!

I hope you saw these shoots and immediately screamed at the cuteness like I did! These adorable platforms are sooooo stinkin' adorable! Something I've learned with platforms and tea parties is that they tend to run wider than normal shoes. I got these in a Size 39, but after wearing them, I probably could have gone with a 38.

Black and white platforms.

I have two complaints about these shoes. First, the little hearts aren't detachable. They could have stepped up the versatility of these shoes by making the bows removable. I love pieces that I can use in more ways than one, so I would have been super excited to have these with detachable hardware.

My second gripe: these shoes must be worn with thick socks, or you're going to be crying later. I wore these shoes on a test run to IKEA, and I had to cut my errands very short because the back of my ankle was rubbing so badly that I almost took my shoes off during the car ride home. I'm not sure if the pain was caused by the ankle strap or the back portion of the shoe, where the strap and the bow connect. Either way, it wasn't fun, X_X 

Hopefully, my wear test was a fluke and these shoes aren't actually uncomfortable. Maybe I just need to try them again with better legwear. Since I'm so on the fence about my experience with these shoes, I won't give Little Monk Shop a rating just yet. There's a decided difference between shoes that are unwearable, and say, wearing boots with no socks, as an example. Fingers crossed that wearing better socks/tights will solve the issue. In the meantime, you can check out their selection of shoes here.

There are still more items in this box that I haven't covered! Since my posting has been so scarce, I'm going to break this box up into two separate posts. Stay tuned for 16-B, coming soon!

Until next time, my lovely readers!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. Ooooh, I'll have to have a look into Pinky Winky (that just sounds so wrong out of context xD), that sailor series looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Vegan Clothing Brand UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. United Kingdom Clothing Brand

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts