Re-Post: Foundation Review - Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin, Caramel 400

On my personal FB page, I wrote a series of foundation posts that should have *also* been posted here, but weren't. For those that are interested, I decided to re-blog each post including the pics so that others can find them while they're hunting on the Internet.

Eventually, I'll get every shade of foundation I currently have and swatch each shade on my arm so y'all can see the comparisons between each. If I do, I'll come back and update all the relevant foundation posts, XP

This isn't exactly Lolita related, so if you'd like to see less of these posts, and more Lolita related things, let me know in the comment section!

Stock photo, I do not own!




On today's episode of Jhericca Has A Shopping Problem, I got an awesome coupon from CVS, so of course, I used it to buy foundation, lol.

I'm trying out an oldie drugstore favorite for this review: the Revlon ColorStay for Combo/Oily skin. I'm in the shade Caramel 400. The foundation comes with 1 fluid oz. and costs $14.99 before tax. I managed to snag it for about $11 though, with CVS Extrabucks and coupons. The foundation is SPF 15, and boasts a 24-hour wear. For more details about the foundation, click here.

After writing this review, I noticed there is a slightly darker, more neutral shade that might match me called 440 Mahogany, but I'd have to try it out later.

When reviewing foundations, I typically do 3 stages for a cohesive review: an initial wear, a midday check-in, and my final thoughts. I try to wear the foundation for as long as possible, and I try to use all the products that I would normally use for a more consistent result.

Initial Wear

My face at 9 am.

I took this photo right after arriving at work, around 9 am. The lights in my cube are very bright but I didn't have time to take a selfie outside. I like this foundation so far, but we'll see how it holds up! I love how it looks on my face and I love that it's matte! Definitely impressed from the very beginning.

Midday Check-In

My face around 1 pm.

A tad shiny in my T-zone, but I've certainly seen much worse shine at the half-way point. The foundation doesn't feel yucky on my skin, and I still look pretty matte. I'm pleasantly surprised! Ok, Revlon 😮😮

Final Thoughts

My final check-in at 11 pm!

I decided to call it quits at 11 pm. Here's my face from every angle with the foundation still on.

For a foundation that's supposed to be matte, and geared towards Combo-Oily skin specifically, my face stayed matte longer than most products. It doesn't have the mattifying power of the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define (Ulta link) or the NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop (CVS link), but it definitely held up longer than the Maybelline Dream Urban Cover (CVS link) or the ELF foundation (not linking, cause I don't like it -_-).

Though I spent a whole $11 on the product ($14.99 normally), this kind of coverage and lasting power for that price point is A-Ok in my book! When you add in the fact that it has SPF in it, unlike my other Top 2 foundations (Can't Stop Won't Stop, Makeup Rev Conceal and Define respectively), I'm happy to say I'm incredibly surprised.   

Is the Revlon Colorstay Holy Grail tier?? Nah. None of the foundations I've tried lately have yet to beat the Can't Stop Won't Stop, but I can see why the Revlon ColorStay has been around for so long. It works, it looks great, I have a shade match, and it's under $15.

This is a fantastic starter foundation for someone that's new to makeup, and just needs something that works. If I was in a pinch and forgot my foundation while on a trip, it's a good drugstore brand that I wouldn't have to look hard for.

I award the Revlon ColorStay the #3 spot out of my Top 5 foundations. I'm definitely going to save my pennies though, and test out some higher-end products in the future.

That's it for this foundation review, but I have some other (older) reviews that I need to share here, so stay tuned! In the meantime, tell me about your favorite foundation finds in the comment box below!

Until next time, my lovely readers!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. Thanks for this amazing article. I loved it check haute her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts