Lost Forest: Rose Castle JSK

I was supposed to write this review a lonnnnng time ago -- I'm sorry for the delay, everyone! I was super hype when I ordered this gorgeous JSK. It fit every checkbox on my visuals list. The moment I saw the pictures, I knew I had to have it!

This was my first time ordering a piece from Lost Forest, and I definitely would order from them again! The amount of detail in this JSK is superb. But enough of me talking about it; it's better to show you, right?

Rose Castle JSK

Stock photo, I do not own!
I ordered the Rose Castle JSK in navy and it's sooooooo lovely~! I was so happy to discover that the color is a close match with many of the other navy items that I own. I'm all about wardrobe cohesion lately, and it's really hard to build up your wardrobe when every item is a different shade of blue, X_X

My package.
Right out of the box, the package comes with the JSK, matching accessories, a pair of (random) socks, and the coolest hanger I've ever seen. I'll talk more about the fancy hanger later, but I was pleasantly surprised to see all of these items, as the socks, hanger, and accessories were all freebies.

My freebies!
I hope I can use the ankle socks for a coord at some point, but I'm really excited about the hanger! It folds up, which will make it perfect for travel. I don't think I've ever seen a hanger like this before, so I was excited to find a folding hanger that extends to a full size. What a world we live in!

My JSK!
After taking everything out of the package, I unfolded my JSK and hung it up with the foldable hanger. The JSK is absolutely beautiful in person. There are so many details to be found in this piece, and I appreciated the craftsmanship behind it.

The JSK has back shirring, which makes it great for a variety of sizes. At 104 cm bust, I wouldn't recommend this JSK for anyone with a larger bust than mine. It fits, and thankfully the straps are adjustable which makes for a more comfortable wear.

Back of the JSK.
In addition to the back shirring, the JSK has waist ties, adjustable straps with buttons at both the front and the back, two bustle ties at the front of the skirt, and a zipper. Putting on this JSK was a lot easier than some of my other pieces with the button at the front -- I was able to leave one strap buttoned, at the proper length, while I zipped up the JSK, and once it was zipped, I simply hooked the front button to put it on completely. It's such a simple concept, but many of my other JSKs don't have that feature.

The border print.
The color, print, and fabric of this JSK are absolutely wonderful. The piece feels comfortable, and the lace isn't itchy at all. I love the design so much, and I love that this JSK is versatile -- I can make it OTT as heck, or just wear it as a simplistic coord.

JSK Bodice
My biggest complaint about this JSK is the way the bodice is shaped. The center portion of the dress is built a little oddly, where the torso is a bit longer than I need and the seam where the skirt starts does something weird with my bust/petticoat. To combat that, I tried wearing the JSK with my petticoats above my belly button and while that fixed the issue somewhat, it still made for a somewhat unusual fit. Still, it's not that big of an issue, and I feel like that problem has more to do with my own body shape than anything.

Since I was trying out my new dress, I decided to put together a coord for this review! Unfortunately, it rained, and my backyard was a muddy mess, but I was still able to get my coord picture. Take a look, :)

Coord photo!
All in all, I'm thoroughly impressed with the JSK! The only thing that would make me like the piece more is pockets, but that's a rare commodity in this fashion, XP

I'll give Lost Forest a 6 out of 8 for the Rose Castle JSK! Check out their storefront featuring a variety of Lolita clothes, coats, bags, and accessories with this link!

I have another sponsored review coming soon, and after that, I'm going out of the country for a week! I wanted to blog about my trip, but I might just record a bunch of videos instead! Would you be interested in reading some travel posts, dear readers? Let me know in the comments below!

I hope all of you are doing well, and I hope all of you are living your best life. Until next time, my loves!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. I would totally be down to see a video of your trip! Loving your blog posts, keep it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down for either a blog or video, whatever's more comfortable for you.
    This is such a lovely print, the castle and the roses remind me somehow of Disney's Sleeping Beauty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is beautiful and I like how you coorded it too :-) I think either a blog post or video would be fun to read. You decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That print looks like enchantic Enchantilly print, but it is very different, the castle on this is more featured and in front, and the colours with gold trim is more Meta. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever decide to sell the dress, I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts