King Eleven: The Demon King of this Universe + LolitaWardrobe Review

I'll be spending the next couple of weeks playing catch-up on my blog. Every time I got a new item in the mail, I thought: "Oh, I should write a review for this" and then, I'd get busy and forget to upload. So, as an apology, I'll be updating my blog every week until I head out for Paradiso on May 25th. I might even get around to getting a wardrobe post up between now and then! But, don't hold your breath, haha.

I wanted to write a review on this dress mostly because my Twinning Partner (don't know who that is? Read about my friends here!) got a lot of questions about it when she wore her JSK to Statewide ILD. It reminded me that there are so many dresses and prints out there that many of us will never see in person or have the pleasure of wearing. But, if just one person can share detailed images and their thoughts on a piece, it might be a help to the Lolita community.

Since I specialize in Taobao reviews and I had already planned on twinning with my friend in the same JSK, I figured it would be a great chance for me to go in-depth about the piece for the both of us. Luckily, LolitaWardrobe had a handful of JSKs in stock in the colorway I wanted.

LolitaWardrobe landing page!

LolitaWardrobe is a popular Taobao reseller that's become a great source of information for Lolitas across the globe. In addition to posting currently in stock Taobao items, the shop shares new releases, pre-orders and some shop previews from the Taobao markets. Though items are a little higher priced than ordering directly from the shop, the ease of ordering and shopping makes them a viable option for Lolitas that want to browse through Taobao without the time-consuming process of searching through individual shops and translating words from English to Chinese.

Their ordering process is simple: browse through the category of the items that you're looking for, add it to the Cart, and pay. LolitaWardrobe also offers payment plans on their entire inventory with a $20 deposit. You can pay the money whenever you want, and their customer service will follow-up via e-mail or Facebook Messenger to schedule out the rest of the payments.

I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly LolitaWardrobe responded to any and all of my questions. I even had an issue where the address was incorrect on my package, and we were able to rectify the issue immediately and re-route my dress to the right place. All and all, I would absolutely order from them again. Though I'm well-versed in Taobao at this point, I still prefer to do all my pre-orders through a shopping service -- it's just easier and smoother that way.

Shipping was super fast too. Even with re-routing the delivery, I received my dress in about 7 business days. Thanks, DHL!

You can visit LolitaWardrobe here.

King Eleven: The Demon King of this Universe

Stock photo, I do not own!
Oh, how I love this dressssss~! King Eleven made an insta-fan out of me the moment I tried on my BFF's JSK in navy. I was so excited to order my own JSK in a different colorway because I've actually never owned a white Lolita dress before! X_X I was a little worried about stains and such, but I honestly don't see that as an issue anymore. I'll explain more later.

Packaged dress.

The dress came packaged neatly with the accompanying headbow and an extra bow that's supposed to go on the front but can be pinned just about anywhere. I was super excited to receive the matching headbow with my dress because it was included in my order *for free*. Y'all know how I feel about free, so even though I don't wear headbows, I was thankful for the gift!

Back of the package.
The headbow has a veil attached to it, which gave me a little trouble because I don't wear headbows, haha. Storage tip: Keep all your packaging for your dresses. It will help with storing items in your closet or in your suitcase if you ever have to travel with your Lolita. I also use the plastic bags for secondhand sales. It just looks cleaner and more protected than shoving it into a Wal-Mart bag, XP

Close-up of the headbow!
Earlier I mentioned that I could tell I wouldn't have to worry about this JSK staining horribly. Mostly, the print of the JSK just feels really flat, if that makes sense. Since the print is on the dress that way, things like flaking or peeling aren't a concern at all. That's not a bad thing, but since the dress is so smooth and chiffon-y, I don't have to worry about anything like the print running when I wash it, or the JSK staining my other dresses.

My JSK!
The JSK has full back shirring and pockets! POCKETS!! Oh my goodness, I'm in love. It also came with a detachable overskirt!

The overskirt.
I have plans for this overskirt in the future, hehe. Have some more detail shots.

Close-up of the print.

Lace at the hem of the skirt.

Waist bow.
My biggest complaint with this JSK is the cut. As much as I love the dress, even with back shirring, the combination of the high-waist cut limits the suggested bust measurement a bit. With a bust of 104 cm, I absolutely do not recommend this JSK for anyone with a larger bust than mine. A Lolita at about 105 cm may be okay, but anything above that won't be comfortable at all. The suggested measurements from the website are 108 cm bust and 98 cm waist max, but I honestly don't see anyone with a bust that size fitting this dress comfortably. 

Oh yeah, before I forget, here's my first coord with this JSK!

My coord ft. Demon King of this Universe JSK
Other than that, I love, love, love this JSK and I can't wait to see what King Eleven comes out with next! I give both King Eleven and LolitaWardrobe a 7 out of 8! Currently, the dress is out of stock, but you can keep an eye on King Eleven's new releases from their storefront.

Is there anything you'd like to see on my blog that I haven't written about yet? Let me know in the comment box below! I have more reviews coming your way so stay tuned! Until next time, dear readers,  <3

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. "[...] and translating words from English to Chinese" - I think you mean the other way round :P

    Oooh, I'm really liking this detailed review. A comm friend of mine has this JSK in navy, so I had the chance to see it in person and it really is beautiful. But it's great to know about things like sizing too! We often assume that since Lolita garments are given measurements, that they will be accurate, but so many things affect measurements, from one's body shape and proportions to how the maker has measured. A 105cm bust is different on someone with broad shoulders than someone with narrow ones, for example - or with a wide/narrow ribcage. There's just no way of telling that from stock photos, so seeing worn photos and a written review is bound to help some people out there get an idea of how something would fit on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, when hunting for items on Taobao (the actual Taobao, not any of the shopping service pages), you need the Chinese search terms in order to find an item, so you have to use a translator to get the proper characters in order to put "Lolita blouse" in the search bar, for example. Most shopping services will translate the size and color options for you once you send them the link to your item though.

      And you're spot on about measurements! Someone with my size bust and a smaller ribcage than mine will probably have no issue getting in this dress, but unfortunately basic measurements don't account for things like body shapes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts