Five Favorite Types of Accessories in my Wardrobe: Lolita Blog Carnival *Late* Post!

Recently, I joined the Lolita Blog Carnival group on FB. I'm doing a terrible job as a member because I still haven't updated my blog like I'm supposed to, #RIP

Still, the prompts are super inspirational and helpful, so I want to use them! So today's blog post will feature an old prompt from the LBC, "Five Favorite Types of Accessories in your Wardrobe". Keep in mind that these items are in order from favorite to most favorite!

5. "Maxipad" Headdress/Headband

Soufflesong Perfume Hydrangea Hair Band stock photo, I do not own!
If someone asked me for the real name of these soft headbands, I'd tell them that I honestly don't know what they're actually called. I read somewhere that the proper name for these headpieces are "rectangle headdresses" but I think most Lolitas refer to them as "maxi-pad headbands".

Stock photo of headdress from The Nightly Thing, I do not own!

When I first joined the fashion, I thought this style of head wear looked really weird, but after I bought a few for myself, I realized that I actually like them a lot! I think they look pretty good with my face shape. Since then, I've found that they compliment coords pretty well, and I have to say that they just look extremely Lolita-esque to me, if that makes sense.

Here's a selfie with the custom headband I ordered from The Nightly Thing. You can see my initial, negative review on this headband here

I had to attack the headband with some scissors but it looks a lot better now!
Since writing that review, I was able to save the headband with a few tweaks and I like it a lot more now, <3

4. Chokers

Choker from Pinktutu stock photo, I do not own!
Chokers aren't exactly a new or Lolita-specific accessory, but I recently re-discovered them and they look so great with Gothic Lolita and mostly any other style. Most of my chokers are black so I've only worn them with Goth. This one in particular has been getting a lot of use lately. 

Selfie featuring my fabulous choker!
I want to buy a lot of chokers in the future! I hope my next one will be something a little more versatile though, since the two I own are black.

3. Berets

Fanplusfriend beret stock photo, I do not own!
I love berets! They're so simple and easy, plus they come in every color imaginable annndddd! They're! *Cheap*!

I can grab a beret for $1 on Ebay in just about any color I need, for a quick and easy headpiece. Of course, the more complex/fancy berets look great too!

Amnesic Forest beret stock photo, I do not own!
I have five or six berets in total, and I definitely want to buy more. There's really no reason not to.

2. Glasses

In My Name stock photo, I do not own!
When I was younger, my Mom took me to an eye appointment and the doctor told us both that I had perfect 20/20 vision. My Mom cheered and I burst into tears, haha.

I've always loved glasses, even at a young age. I'm not sure why I adore them so much, but if I had to guess maybe it's because most of the people I love (my dad, my big sis, my grandparents) have worn them for as long as I can remember. Regardless, I found out a long time ago that I just really love the look of glasses as an accessory. Since I don't actually need them to see, I have a stylistic appreciation for them. Actual glasses-wearers, please don't give me too much side eye, XP.

Flower glasses!
In total, I have 4 pairs of glasses that I use for coords. They're all non-prescription since as I stated earlier, I don't need these to correct my vision. Not all of them are as dramatic as my flower glasses. but I find they are definitely a great tool to add that extra bit of oomph! to my coords.

Here's a pair I snagged on Amazon.

French Cafe + red glasses!
I haven't worn my other two pairs in a while, so I'll definitely have to change that soon! Orrrrrr I can just buy more... I'll probably do both, haha.

1. "Flat Hats"/Fascinator

Stock photo, I do not own!
I am *obsessed* with fascinators, or what I like to call "flat hats"! They've surged in popularity recently and I just can't look away from them! I love these hats so much because they're so classy and give my coords a romantic, vintage vibe. They come in a variety of colors, with awesome flower arrangements.

Leomistu stock photo, I do not own!
I only own two of these wonderful hats, but I want to grab another one in all white because I haven't been wearing my white x sax one at all. My black hat, on the other hand, has been getting lots of use lately.

Recent coord pic with my black hat!
Most of my coords feature one of these five types of accessories, though I have yet to create a coord that pairs them all together! Though, thinking on it, I'd totally look silly with a fascinator, a beret AND a headband on my head, all at the same time, >_<

What are you favorite accessories in your wardrobe? Do you tend to pick the same style or type of accessories to accent your main pieces or are your tastes all over the place? Tell me all about it in the comment box below!

Until next time, lovely readers!

Stay beautiful, stay true,

~J

Comments

  1. I am yet to meet someone in person who calls rectangle headdresses maxipad headdresses. I've seen some people online call them that, but everyone I know personally refers to them as either rectangle or oldschool headdress. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha maybe Im the only one then, O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a few years since you wrote this, but I found you on Google because I was trying to find out what the headdress is actually called. I wrote: lolita maxipad head. So... yea. hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts