Potpourri of Silk: Tea and Lunch Meetup!

I haven't written about a meet-up on my blog in a long time! This past weekend, I hosted a meet for my comm at Potpourri of Silk, an absolutely darling tea room tucked away in Oak Cliff. I absolutely loved the food and tea there. This was my first visit, but I'm already planning to go back! I regret not taking more pictures during the meet-up though.

So elegant! I do not own this image!
Potpourri of Silk has a simplistic menu featuring an array of sandwiches and light dishes, like toast with jam. They also offer a selection of unique teas, which can be ordered by the cup or by the pot. Their prices are extremely reasonable, and I love that everything is served on actual plates and china.

Everything was so tasty!
For my first visit, I ordered a beef panini pressed sandwich with roasted tomato, aioli, Swiss cheese, and arugula. All those ingredients made for a super delicious sandwich! On the side, I tried the Soup du Jour -- a roasted cauliflower puree with a hint of nutmeg. The soup was so smooth and creamy, you wouldn't believe it! I decided to try the Peach Champagne green tea and I'm definitely a fan! Like I said before, I really can't wait to go back.

Though the meet-up started at around 1 in the afternoon, we ended up staying just before closing time. I managed to gather everyone together in the "backyard" of the tea room to get a group shot. I took it with my new cell phone and remote controlled tripod that I got for my birthday! Look at my lovely comm members, <3

Thanks to everyone who attended!
Once everyone headed out, I decided to play around with my tripod and camera remote a bit more. I couldn't pass up on such a beautiful background! I'm super excited to be able to get coord shots on my own now. This will make reviews so much easier. You can't see it but I'm hiding the shutter remote with my hand, XP

A rare J in the wild. I wore my Pennyhouse OP for this meet.
All and all, it was a fun meet, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to go back and try more of the delicious dishes and teas on the menu at Potpourri of Silk. I highly recommend visiting the tea room if you're ever in the area!

Have you gone to any meet-ups lately? What'd you do? Tell me all about it and more in the comment box below!

I'm thinking about doing a post on my Lolita bag collection in the near future, but I'll be moving soon so I may be too lazy, XP We'll see, haha.

Until next time, dear readers!

Stay beautiful, stay true,

~J

Comments

Popular Posts