Maiden Clothing Review: A Prelude to 50 Shades of Blue

Hey guys! I have no idea what's going on with my life, but my blog fell sooo far to the wayside, I thought I may have to go on a quest to locate it again.

But all is well in my world once again, because I'm back to the blog and I WILL update more. I have so many reviews and just general photos I want to share with everyone, so the best way to get back into the swing of things is just to do them!

I cannot say enough how important second hand Lolita sales are to maintaining and filling one's wardrobe. Since I've discovered gently used and slightly worn Lolita pieces, I've noticed a significant increase in the number of items I can find. One such website is Maiden Clothing.

Maiden Clothing is a second hand Lolita site that is located in Japan. I believe it's actually owned by a music store that also purchases Lolita, as unconventional as that sounds. They have a fairly large selection of items and I found that their prices are lower than some of the other second hand stores out there.

While shifting through Maiden Clothing one day, I found a dress that embodies a few of my favorite things: blue, chocolate, and ice cream. It's Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Collection Douce Chocolatier. The print was released in 2014.

BTSSB Collection Douce Chocolatier Praline JSK stock photo. I DO NOT OWN!

The great thing about Maiden Clothing is that they take direct orders from US customers! The bad thing is, they take limited forms of payment, but more on that later.

So to order from Maiden Clothing, I sent them an e-mail with the product link, the cost of the item and the quantity that I wanted to order along with my address, name and phone number. Two days later, they sent me a confirmation e-mail that looks like this:

Thank you for your order.

We are ready to ship those products listed below.
please make sure of the total amount.

price of the product   17280yen
postage                1500yen
credit charge      200yen
-------------------------------
total amount      18980yen

we consign the credit payment to NICOS
which you will recieve an e-mail about the payment process from.
After you recieve the e-mail from NICOS,
Please fill in the blank with required infomation and process the payment.

And please make sure to complete the process within a week.
Immediatey after we confirm the payment,
We will send you a message and ship the products in a week.
After you finish the payment, we will have a notice from NICOS HP.
So you won't have to tell us.

Pease ask if you have any other questions.
Thank you.

===========================
puresound web cites

●puresound J-visual
http://www.puresound.co.jp/
●puresound used maiden Clothing
http://www.maidenclothing.net/

wonder 6 buliding 4th foor
2-10-32, Nishi-shinsaibashi, Chuuouku,
Osaka city,Osaka, Japan
542-0086(postal code)

E-Mail:pureweb@puresound.co.jp

Seems pretty simple, right? Two days later I received my invoice from the NICOS system. I highly recommend opening the link in Google, so that it will translate the Japanese on the page. Payment is easy as long as you use the right card. Maiden Clothing DOES NOT accept Paypal or Google Wallet, only Visa, Mastercard, UFJ Card, and NICOS (cards? I guess). I thought for sure Google Wallet would work with my order, since the card has a Visa logo on the back of it, but alas, it didn't work, my transaction declined, and I had to e-mail Maiden Clothing back and ask for another invoice. Once invoice #2 was sent, I paid with my Wells Fargo Bank Card and it went through seamlessly.

My only complaint with Maiden Clothing is that it takes them a few days to respond. They took between two and three days to respond to my e-mails but I can't be too angry -- at least they answered. I would order from them again, especially now that I know which forms of payment to use.

So after paying the invoice, I received a tracking number a few days later and my package about three or four days after that!

Plain packaging

The insides of my bag, from left to right: the JSK and two fliers.

One thing that I really like about ordering from second hand shops in Japan is that their "bad condition" is rarely bad. Though this dress was given a score of 3/5, which means the dress had a few spots and sign of wear, I never found the spot and the dress looks darn near new if you ask me.

My new JSK!
All and all, I am so pleased with Maiden Clothing, and I plan on ordering from them in the near future! The experience gets a 7 out of 8 from me, mainly because communication was a little slow.

Do you have any favorite second hand Lolita shops, lovelies? Tell me about them in that comment box below!

Stay beautiful, stay true, <3

~J


Comments

  1. I definitely have to second what you said about the condition/quality of used goods in Japan. When I used to live there, I was always impressed how used items, even books, were in the condition where they would be labeled as "mint" or "like new" in the States. I got my PS3 used and they marked it down considerably because of scratches on it that weren't deep and were very superficial. I think my PS Vita was also used.

    I only went to a used clothes store there a few times in Tokyo and Osaka (though never Lolita, as it wasn't my interest then), so when I go back for a couple of weeks next month I'm looking forward to hitting up a few used Lolita clothes shops. Thanks for telling about Maiden Clothing. That's on my list to visit; I think they have a physical shop in Shinjuku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for writing this blog post! I am helped 3 years down the line. lol I also had a card declined (due to my card company being suspicious even though it is a VISA) and I was at my wits' end trying to access the payment page again. I'm glad to know that the answer is as simple as e-mailing them for a new invoice. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts