My Current Situation... Recent Purchases (Plus Reviews)

Hey y'all~! It's been a while since I made my wardrobe post and I bought a few things since then! I'm a bit sad because I wasn't able to include my brand new Innocent World dress in this post, but I'll make another one later, once I can put the dress on and give it a proper review.

Recently, I've been trying to fill out my wardrobe with more bags and skirts. Skirts are much more versatile than jumperskirts and one-piece dresses so I went on the hunt for one that I could truly love! Lo and behold, I found both~! All together, I purchased two bags, a skirt, and a JSK from Bodyline. I wore it for the first time in February, which is why I included it in this post, ^_^

All my beautiful new things~! <3
Two of the items were purchased brand new, but my spade purse and my skirt are used. I bought the purse on the EGL Comm Sales in English Facebook page. I am notorious for looking at the comm sales page about four to five times a day! Lolita community sales really helps cut the cost of filling in a Lolita wardrobe, because these gently used items come at a fraction of the cost.

Another helpful website is Mbok, which is where I purchased my skirt. Mbok is a giant Japanese auction site, sort of like Ebay. Though I had to use a shopping service to order and win the auction on my skirt, it was worth it, because I got it for $70 less than it would cost in the store/brand new.

Let's take an up close look at these beauties~!

BODYLINE L406 (Mini review)

I'll attempt to be brief as possible, to avoid making this post seem like an essay, but we'll see how that goes. I purchased Bodyline's L406 JSK some time in January, for about $40. The dress is put together nicely and seems sturdy as well. It has several layers, which help keep it from being flimsy. I also like the bows on the front.

The front of the dress
Inner skirt

Close-up of the front bows

Back of the dress
I really like that the dress has shirring and corset lacing in the back, as that helps with sizing. All and all, it's a pretty great dress. It also matches my ice cream hat, ^_^

I give it an 8 out of 8! I'm pleased as punch to add this dress to my wardrobe.

My coord with L406
METAMORPHOSE MAGICAL PAINTING REVIEW

Magical Painting Medium Skirt

Metamorphose Temps de Filles is one of my favorite Lolita brands. I always hunt for Meta because their prints are so creative and unique, and their sizing is very forgiving. I fell in love with Magical Painting because it's adorable, it comes in such a beautiful shade of brown (they call it camel), and can we talk about the number of colors in this skirt? I could wear it with pink, red, purple, yellow, green, and even chocolate brown! I will never, ever sell this skirt, ever. It's so beautiful.

Inner lining of the skirt
The skirt is extremely sturdy and has two layers: the outer, printed layer, plus the smooth interior skirt. I also love the fact that it's medium length -- the hem falls just at my knees.

Close-up of  the print.

Horizontal close-up of the print.
I love this skirt so very much! I love that it can be worn as a Sweet print or toned down with a single color (and perhaps a vest?) and made into a Classic piece. I plan to play around with the colors and see what I can come up with. I give it a 10 out of 8 because I'm just that happy with it!

BAGS AND SOCKS

I bought two purses this month; one from comm sales and the other from Beya, an accessory shop in Grapevine Mills Mall. I was really happy to find both of these bags; I paid $15 for the former and $10 for the latter. I plan on going back to Grapevine soon to see if Beya's sale is still going on, haha.

Taobao spade bag

Red school-bag purse
I got my socks from Target and Lace Market. Lace Market is a brand new Lolita auction site that gives Lolitas from all over the globe a chance to auction off their items. This was my first time using the site and I have to say, it was pretty great. I definitely plan on using it again in the near future. The white pair on the far left was about $5 at Target and the two Secret Shop pairs to the right were $7 and $6, respectively. I don't own many over the knee socks, so I was glad to find these three.
Three new pairs of socks
I really hope I can continue to expand my wardrobe as the months go by. I'm slowly learning about the things I like in Lolita, and which sort of prints and shapes flatter my body the most. I'm super excited to get better at putting together outfits too! How do you feel when you get a brand new item in the mail? Are you super excited, or do you just love the thrill of the chase? I find that there's no better feeling than getting a great deal on an item!

Until next time, my lovelies...THE HUNT FOR FRILLY THINGS CONTINUES~!

~J

Comments

  1. I think mbok and Japan yahoo auctions sites are the best place for deals! The meta skirt reminds me when I used to teach elementary. (in a good way very nostalgic for me)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts