Bodyline L387 Review

I decided to move my reviews to a more stationary place, as my Tumblr is constantly updated by all the random photos and .gifs that I fall in love with. So welcome, old and new readers~! This is the new home of the Little Kitchen Sink blog!

I've been wearing Lolita for about a year, (I recently celebrated my Loliversary in Dec. 2013) and since I have a full time job now, it's a lot easier for me to purchase items. As I learn more and more about Lolita and Japanese street fashions in general, I find that my style is changing constantly. As a result, I've been experimenting with a lot of different looks to see which looks the best on me. So far, I've gotten the most positive responses when I wear Classic Lolita.

The Classic Lolita style is a much more toned down sub-style of the Lolita fashion. It doesn't involve so many bright and loud colors, it typically calls for natural hair or naturally colored wigs, and it also gives off a much more mature air, then other sub-categories. I enjoy Classic, but I actually don't own a lot of it, so I decided to keep the experimentation ball rolling and go with another style, before I settle on just one.

Enter Bodyline's L387~! This dress definitely falls under the "Hime", or "Princess" style of the Lolita fashion. Since I recently purchased the prettiest printed tights ever in sax (light blue) and pink, I decided to choose the sax colorway. Here is a picture of the dress without any flash.


It's pretty, right? When I first opened the package I really feel in love with all the layers of this dress. The lowest layer is the base dress, overlaid with chiffon bows and tiers, and then some lace. The material is heavy, but not so much that if feels extremely stiff and though not the softest of chiffons, the overlays are pretty good for Bodyline quality. But as you can see in this picture the chiffon is a different color than the base of the dress! Bodyline, are you drunk? How could you do this to such a pretty dress?! I was appalled when I got a closer look and realized that this dress was definitely sporting two different shades of blue. How could something so beautiful look so....awkward? Needless to say, friends, I was none too happy about that.

After some encouragement from my fellow frilly sisters-in-arms, I decided to take a shot and wear the dress anyway. Here is my coord for the Christmas meet-up:



My newbie coording skills aside, I actually thought the dress looked great with my shoes and tights. And having two different blues on didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. However, I was still kinda disappointed. To make my feelings a bit worse, I don't think the other colorways (lavender, pink, mint, black and white) of this dress have the issues that the sax version does, but meh. The dress is cute. I paid about $55 for it, so it wasn't terribly costly either. At the moment, I plan on keeping it in my wardrobe.

That being said, I give this dress a 5 out of 8! I don't hate it, but those differing blues will take some getting used to. Still I think it's pretty lovely~! Here is the product page for the readers that want to check out the dress for themselves here.

What do you guys think about my newest dress? Comment and share your thoughts! ^_^

~J

Comments

  1. OMG ;___; I wanted that dress too but now I'm not really sure about it... This is so awkward! I really hate it when the colours which were supposed to match, don't freaking match ;__; shame, it's a pretty dress.
    But I adore your coord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nena~! Thanks for reading my review and commenting, ^_^

    I agree; the dress is gorgeous~! But it sucks that the chiffon doesn't match. From what I've seen, however, the other colors (with the exception of the mint/green) don't have that problem, so as long as you order pink, white or black, you should be safe!

    And thank you~! I was a bit worried that having different shades of sax would make the coord look awful, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I want to add more pink to the coord though, because I think that would add that extra pop to tie it all together! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that the dress you wore at the Christmas meetup? (This is Kathryn by the way!) I think it looks pretty good! I didn't notice the color difference until now; but I'm kinda tempted to see if there's a problem with that in the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the review! I was trying to find this dress in other colors before I decided whether to buy it or not. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts