LBC: Create a Coord Based On A Friend

Heyyyyyyyyy y'all~! It's ya girl, J! Lol, is that a cool catch phrase? I always watch YouTubers start their videos with an awesome catchphrase, but that's a little hard to do while writing, XP

Anyway, I'm back with a super feel good post after my last, somewhat "heavy" post. This time, the Lolita Blog Carnival voted that we create a coord based on a friend and since I didn't want to cry about my best friend for the entirety of this post, I decided to create a coord based on BOTH of my BFFs.

What are we even doing here?
I probably have a million pictures of these two floating around on this blog, because they're always by my side. We became friends because of Lolita, but now we're all so woven into each other's lives that our Moms have become friends through the three of us. These girls are my strength, my weakness, my heart, and my shield. I really don't know what I would do without them, so when the idea came up to create a coord based on a friend, I choose the two of them, as people that are so important in my life, both in Lolita and out of it.

Brittany

A-Kon 2016
I love Britt and I hate her, lmao. We fight all the time, and she's constantly throwing shade, so I'm always just asking myself why I'm even friends with her, haha. She's an only child, so I always feel like Lorelai and I are the siblings she never had. She's our resident Country Lolita, but she's also the "sister that always borrows your clothes". She jokingly tells me that she has two Lolita closets: her's and mine.

Accidentally wig twinning!
Britt is almost always my twinning partner, so we own a lot of the same things. One time, we accidentally wore our twinning wig to the same meet without telling each other, haha! She's also my "shoe twin" because we wear the same shoe size. It makes planning coords a lot easier because we can just borrow each other's shoes. She shares my love of Meta and Angelic Pretty, so we have a lot of common likes within Lolita.

Britt's amazing and hella focused; my girl is a freaking engineer! I brag on her all the time because Britt is a real life example of what happens when you follow your dreams and work hard towards your aspirations. I'm blessed to know her, <3

Lorelai

ILD 2017
Lorelai is my best friend and I love her so much. I was the one that gave her the nickname "Lorelai" because she once complained to me that no one ever gave her unique nicknames.

She's our resident "Goth Bae" and wears exclusively Gothic Lolita. I love her take on the fashion because it's extremely representative of her as a person. She's so creative and sensitive, and it makes me want to protect her from the entire world. MUST. PROTECT. GOTH. BAE.

New Year's Meet 2018
Lorelai and I grew in the fashion at about the same pace because she came to that fateful June meetup with me that changed the fate of our comm. She's definitely part of the reason why I got more involved in our local Lolita community. She was *also* the person that suggested I become a mod, so I owe a lot to her. She's a person that I know I can call for whatever reason, whenever. She fights battles with and for me. She works really hard at everything she does too! 

I love that Lorelai loves and appreciate Indie brands and "unpopular" companies. I've discovered many hidden gems because of her, and she truly respects quality and craftsmanship. 

Between Lorelai and Britt, I get a lot of advice and feedback on my Lolita life and my daily life. They both put up with me when I'm stressed or emotional, and I always feel bad for making them deal with "J's Pre-Con Meltdowns" where I freak out over every little thing leading up to a meet-up or event, lmao. I've had my life threatened by both of them AT LEAST four times for getting pouty over nonsensical stuff like the way my beret sat on my head, haha.

So now you can see that out of all the people around me, these two were the best candidates for creating a coord based on a friend! Hopefully after this post, my two friends can understand how I constantly draw inspiration from them, <3 

My Coord

My coord, 1/27
I won't lie and say something like "Oh, I choose my coord for this deep and meaningful reason" because that's definitely not true. However, each piece of my coord has something to do with my friends, so lemme break it down for y'all.

Coord Breakdown:

Beret - EBay (lol)

Britt and I are huge fans of berets. I personally hate the way bonnets look on me, and as pictured in that "Ussie" up above, we both look good in them. I added in the extra bow in front to add a little extra, and also -- it was given to me for free during one of our many Taobao group orders. Since Britt always orders with me, I thought it'd be a cute little tribute.

Wig - Cucumber Family

This wig was definitely one of those "meltdown" wigs, haha. I'm notorious for window shopping on Taobao when I'm bored. When I saw the listing for the wig, I sent to my friends "OMG, I HAVE TO HAVE THIS". Both of them agreed it was cute, but when it came time to choose the color, I went back and forth over which color to get. Finally, someone said: "Just buy it!" and so I did, lol.

OP - Grove Deer Moon of Eternal Day

Due to our different opinions on Lolita fashion, very rarely do my friends and I all like the same dress. We always jokingly say that the world will end the day we all agree on the same dress, XP

This OP was the first dress that all of three of us wanted. We were planning to put together our first tripling coord with it, but Lorelai's chosen colorway sold out instantly, so Britt and I ended up twinning in it together. I love this dress because it's extremely versatile and comfy; I want it in a million colorways, *__*

Our twinning coord!
Tights - Walmart

During International Lolita Day, our entire group traveled from Dallas to Austin for the Statewide meet-up. Lorelai was looking for some tights and a few other items, so we ran over to a Walmart near the ILD venue. We stumbled upon an entire rack of Clearance tights and I ended up buying 3 new pairs (whoops).

Shoes - Indigo Rd. 

I discovered "3-strap" shoes because Lorelai wears them a lot, and they always looks so great and sophisticated on her. Hilariously enough, Britt is not a fan of 3-strap shoes, but Lorelai and I love them. I found these shoes on Ebay after Lorelai linked me to a few pairs of the shoes that she currently owns.

Even though I feel like we all have decidedly different Lolita styles, my dearest friends influence my coording choices a lot. I almost never wear a coord without asking them for their input on something, even if it's as trivial as "Where should I place my hairbow?"

I find that having friends in the fashion can truly make or break your experience as a Lolita. I definitely wouldn't enjoy being a Lolita as much, if I didn't have these two by my side. We've made so many memories together and learned so much through our experiences as Lolitas. 

I also love to see how our coords reflect our personalities. Lorelai's coords are very otherworldly and always Gothic, whereas Britt tends to go for a more Country look with sprinkles of Classic and Sweet. My closet is all over the place, but I wear Sweet more often than either of them. Altogether, we're an interesting bunch and even when we bicker over stupid stuff, or laugh over silly stuff, I love these two ladies very much. 

Thanks for reading my fluffy post and checking out my blog today! Do you have any amazing stories or memories with friends you've made in the fashion? Tell me all about it in the comment box below!

As always, my amazing readers: stay beautiful, stay true.

~J

Comments

Popular Posts